End game is terrible

#1WiseMan78Posted 9/9/2013 4:54:47 AM
Two 8 man fairly long dungeons that drop no loot and you're only rewarded at the end, and only one is worth doing because its shorter and easier and you get the same reward for both.

HM ifrit he's ok I guess

And AK which everyone is immediately pissed at you if you don't have gear from already doing it or have farmed the droppless 8 mans enough to get a few pieces of darklight

Hmm..
---
You cannot run from the wind, you must face the music; trim your sails and keep going.
#2fork_in_hellPosted 9/9/2013 5:00:45 AM
Err... I don't know anyone who considers those final story missions as part of end game. HM IFrit is for beginners, Garuda is a bit more of a challenge, Titan tests the real men, and then there's Coil of Bahamut after that.
---
~Don't listen to them- Life isn't too short for anything! If life is too short then why is it the longest thing you can do?
~Life will be the death of me u_u
#3juzziexPosted 9/9/2013 5:02:22 AM
LOL you don't have enough gear to do AK?

Shoulda rushed to 50.
#4MWXIIIPosted 9/9/2013 5:04:50 AM
From what I hear the end game is directly from v 1.0 but I don't know how true that is. Most MMOs have trash end game. What makes end games fun is cosmetics, some gear grinding, pvp, new builds. Not sure if this game offers any of those but I'm not yet in a rush to see. So far I don't expect much but whatever
---
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
PSN - MWXIII
#5RareTrickPosted 9/9/2013 5:09:16 AM
End game isn't really in place yet. Coil of Bahamut, Crystal Tower, etc.. Come later.
---
Currently playing: - FFXIV (PC/PS3), Borderlands 2 (PS3)
#6JoygasmXIVPosted 9/9/2013 5:11:28 AM
This isn't WoW, you can't jump straight to getting carried.

The players who expect you to do it did it themselves. AK will molest you as a gear check.
#7WiseMan78(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 5:17:03 AM
JoygasmXIV posted...

The players who expect you to do it did it themselves. AK will molest you as a gear check.

WoW is harder than this game
---
You cannot run from the wind, you must face the music; trim your sails and keep going.
#8squareyPosted 9/9/2013 5:20:34 AM
WiseMan78 posted...
JoygasmXIV posted...

He clearly has never played WoW if he thinks this game with limited abilities, small movements, and a *2.5 second GCD* is really all that challenging. Most MMOs are about repetition in PVE anyway, this game is no different, and even slower paced with the long GCD.
#9KyerofoxPosted 9/9/2013 5:21:42 AM
squarey posted...
WiseMan78 posted...
JoygasmXIV posted...

He clearly has never played WoW if he thinks this game with limited abilities, small movements, and a *2.5 second GCD* is really all that challenging. Most MMOs are about repetition in PVE anyway, this game is no different, and even slower paced with the long GCD.

You two obviously haven't done end game yet then. =\ lvl40 instances are WoW End game Raids.
---
PSN: Kyero X360: Kyero
99 Humanities and a Glitch ain't one. If you're having soul problems I feed bad for you son.
#10DarkBanelingPosted 9/9/2013 5:24:55 AM
Kyerofox posted...
squarey posted...
WiseMan78 posted...
JoygasmXIV posted...

You two obviously haven't done end game yet then. =\ lvl40 instances are WoW End game Raids.

Maybe the average stuff is harder in this game, but the hardest fights in WoW are sooooo much harder than the hardest stuff in this game.