White Mage cross class abilities.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. White Mage cross class abilities.
3 years ago#1
Surecast and Swiftcast: Thaumaturge level 26.
Virus and Eye for an Eye: Arcanist level 34.

Surecast isn't the greatest, but if you're getting hammered and need a heal it works. Swiftcast is mostly amazing because of using it to raise someone that died. Virus and Eye for an Eye are proxy defensive CDs for the tank. I don't have Eye for an Eye yet as Arcanist is only 30, but I generally pop Virus when I know I have to do a lot of movement soon.

Thunder is basically worthless all around because it uses too much MP and at 50 in groups I pretty much never nuke anything. Ruin sucks as a cross class ability. Cure > Physick. Is there anything I'm missing here? I don't think there's a fifth cross-class ability worth picking up.
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
3 years ago#2
Swiftcast more or less includes Surecast in it -- A spell used under its influence will come out every time, even if you're moving. Great crossclass ability for anyone that can use it.
The Answer May Be 42, But 42 Is Not The Answer. ~~~
"Nature compensates for weakness. This is why stupid people usually have big mouths." - IPF
3 years ago#3
unfortunately, there isnt much choice for any job's cross class skills. you're basically stuck with the best 4-5. it would've been nice if they let loose a little and gave us a little more choice, bio/miasma/aetherflow would've been great as a cc skill
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/66080697
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
3 years ago#4
Nope, I came to the same conclusion a while back while going over Xclass abilities. Just take thunder for when you solo I guess. The other two are more or less useless.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. White Mage cross class abilities.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived