Wow, the story is getting good. *spoilers*

#1Demonking234Posted 9/10/2013 9:50:35 AM
So, I'm at the part where I'm after Titan and the story just seems to be getting better and better. The buildup to Titan was good and all, but it was bogged down by mundane fetch quests and side missions, to the point where Y'shlota lampshades it. To be quite honest, I was skipping most of the dialogue if it wasn't voiced over.

Now, I'm reading through every ounce of dialogue I can find. So glad the Empire is getting more involved now, I was beginning to think it was just about the Ascians and the Primals.
---
Children in the dark can cause accidents, yet accidents in the dark will cause children
-Author unknown
#2theshovellerPosted 9/10/2013 9:53:41 AM
Common military tactic is to let your enemies duke it out for you while you conserve strength, then strike when you're certain of victory and they're both tired / worn-out from fighting with each other.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#3xdividebyzeroxPosted 9/10/2013 9:55:29 AM
Don't enjoy it too much. During the last two dungeons, there are a lot of cutscenes and your party will ***** and moan if you don't skip.
---
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn server - Cactuar
#4CheeseCurlsPosted 9/10/2013 9:59:14 AM
a chunk of the story is pretty good, but three sections are awful

The sylphs in the forest (you are past this)

Leading up to titan (fetching random ass food items and setting a table for some ass$%^&*)

and the lead up to Garuda 40-44 this is just awful, you are tasked with getting an ice aspected crystal, and you gather 2 of them only for the NPC to tell you afterward that they are actually fire and wind. Then on the third one the NPC has the nerve to joke that the ice aspected one was actually earth.
---
Perhaps I am already insane, and am just the last to know.
#5Demonking234(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 10:01:39 AM
So, Garuda is bogged down by more meaningless fetch quests? That's bad... I wanted to learn more about Cid and Louisoix's grandson. :(
---
Children in the dark can cause accidents, yet accidents in the dark will cause children
-Author unknown
#6MaurithPosted 9/10/2013 10:44:11 AM
Oh, just wait till you beat Garuda. The scenes after that fight are immense. :)
---
FFXIV:- Aeliott Cadenza [Phoenix Server]: http://imgur.com/a/QuDs1
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3035230/
#7DontPlayerHatePosted 9/10/2013 11:40:48 AM
xdividebyzerox posted...
Don't enjoy it too much. During the last two dungeons, there are a lot of cutscenes and your party will ***** and moan if you don't skip.

Square shouldn't have made the easiest end game farm dungeon one of the story dungeons. People are running it 20+ times and don't want to wait for cut scenes every time. It was just a stupid decision in a game full of stupid decisions.
---
I'm not biased. I hate everything equally.