Tips for MRD/WAR in dungeons?

#1XianCePosted 9/13/2013 1:31:00 PM
I need tips to be a better tank. I just did Stone Vigil and we wiped so many times. I have a hard time keeping mobs on me and keeping them off healer. And when I do have the mobs all targeting me, my HP gets wiped out pretty fast and I end up dying. I feel like taking up a DPS class because I feel so discouraged to continue tanking..
---
Competitive gaming is a joke.
PC Shop Teacher: Remember - anyone who doesn't build their own birdhouse is a CASUAL woodsmith.
#2Another_CyzykPosted 9/13/2013 1:40:49 PM
Were you dying to the bosses or to the trash mobs?
#3XianCe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 2:04:22 PM
Was having trouble with both.
---
PC Shop Teacher: Remember - anyone who doesn't build their own birdhouse is a CASUAL woodsmith.
#4GiruetPosted 9/13/2013 2:16:49 PM
Is your gear up to date?
#5XianCe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 2:21:56 PM
I have full mythril armor I got from doing the quests in the castle area, and I have the level 42 axe from my grand company.
---
#6ANTOR KnightPosted 9/13/2013 2:24:30 PM
Are you using your cooldowns?
---
Final Fantasy XIV Antor Knight on Behemoth
#7firepixiePosted 9/13/2013 2:27:00 PM
The Stone Vigil is a particularly hard-hitting dungeon.

http://eorzeareborn.com/stone-vigil-dungeon-guide/
#8XianCe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 2:37:51 PM
ANTOR Knight posted...
Are you using your cooldowns?

Yes. Though, I'm not sure if I'm using them at the right times.

firepixie posted...
The Stone Vigil is a particularly hard-hitting dungeon.

http://eorzeareborn.com/stone-vigil-dungeon-guide/

Thanks for that.
---
#9dsimek_Posted 9/13/2013 2:45:31 PM
Here is my typical rotation on a group of 3 trash mobs:

Mark the target for dps, this is very important so they can focus fire to take mobs down fast!
Pull with toma
Flash, overpower, heavy swing, maim, storms path,
Heavy swing, skull, butcher,
Overpower
Heavy, skull, butcher.
Switch to second target when first is 25% to get a head start on emnity.

If a mob runs for healer, use tomahawk and provoke , then heavy , sunder, butcher.
This is the main rotation you need to use all yiur other skills too. Infuriate! Always have defiance on. I found stone vigil to be very easy, and I don't even have provoke yet. I just hit 50 and gonna get provoke now.
#10dsimek_Posted 9/13/2013 2:52:08 PM
As far as some other skills, use berzerk ASAP the extra dps helps with Aggro. Use thrill of battle for extra hp and heal. Also, you should be using convalescence, feather foot, second wind. Foresight. Make a macro to cast foresight, convalescence, and feather foot with one key. Also, if yiu cast a buff after a skill , the buff doesn't use the global cool down. Therefore, the best way to cast yur buffs is like this.

Heavy swing
Foresight
Skull sunder
Feather foot
Butcher
Convalescence.

This way, you get your skill comb done in the same amount of time as if you didn't cast any buffs. If my hp's drop to half I start casting my defensive buffs in between skills.

Make su you use infuriate to heal yourself when it comes up.