Paladin - Target Mark Macro - Please Help Me

#1iangeofriesPosted 9/14/2013 7:36:05 AM
Hello.

I'm new to tanking, but I want to be good at it. I mark targets, manually. What is the best way to mark them? Manually gets very cumbersome and I've made some huge mistakes because of it. I hear about macros, but I don't know how to make them/how they work.

Does the macro number multiple mobs at once? Only as I attack them? Can someone post the macro? I'd appreciate the help. I just want to play my role better.
---
System: Windows 7 Gigabyte GA-78ZX-UD4H Intel 4770k 3.5gz 8GB Ram MSI GTX Geforce 770 OC 2GB AC FC: 4012-3656-4495
#2DarkslaynePosted 9/14/2013 8:02:37 AM
I don't think it is possible to mark multiple things at once since that would require a multi-target type ability but perhaps I'm wrong.

I'm using this for my WHM CC:

/markenemy ignore1 (I think that's the term - you can drag the sign into the macro window and it will pre-fil this for you)
/ac "Repose" <t>
/p Party text saying not to hit <t>

When I cast this, it puts a circle over the enemy head, casts the spell to put the target to sleep and lets the party know what I've done.

You could do something similar for your primary target to kill, just change the skill to whatever it is you're trying to attack with first.
---
PSN / Xbox: Darkslayne
#3Squall_1134Posted 9/14/2013 11:09:40 AM(edited)
This is what I'm currently using:

Set to the 12th slot on the 4th hotbar, keybound to T:

/enemysign attack1 <t>
/focustarget
/em has called target on <attack1>.

Set to the 11th slot on 4th hotbar, keybound to F:

/target <f>
/facetarget
/action Auto-attack <f>

I mark my current burn target with T, and then rotate through all the aggroed mobs to keep hate and then hit F to re-target my currently marked/focused target. This is helpful if there are more enemies in the distance that you'll accidentally target with Tab. It's easier to just hit F when you need to go back to your marked target.

I never mark more than one mob at a time, so that I can always return to my focus target without hassle. Also, I find marking multiple mobs more trouble than it's worth, as sometimes the kill order will change and the numbers will mess everyone up. So, I find it easier to just mark one and then when it's about dead, I'll mark the next one.

I've only tanked up to Stone Vigil, but so far I haven't really needed to mess with ignore/sleep targets. I'm sure if I get into a dedicated dungeon group, then I would start using those but with pugs, I'm not going to bother.
#4webbc99Posted 9/14/2013 11:16:10 AM
Just drag the icon on to your hotbar.

I use CTRL 1, 2 and 3 for the numbers 1 2 and 3 for kill-order. :)
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: ARGH ZUBATS | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy III