Warriors are GREAT tanks if not better than their crowned counterparts

#1Wyn04Posted 9/17/2013 12:24:02 AM
Yes they are.

Here is why:

1. Self-Heals (with proper buff and rotation management you can tank a boss for a full 10 - 20 second without a heal which leaves healer to manage other allies)
2. Buffs (Buffs in this game are not OH SSSS buttons. Learn to use them properly)
3. High HP Pool (Spike Damages are easier to survive)
4. Axe ( Manly 2 handed axe versus shield-hiding tanks with crowns)
5. Infuriate (Win everytime)

How to:
1. Stack strength (Vitality only raises HP which you have enough already, Strength increases self heal, aggro and damage reduction)
2. Combo properly and learn when to use certain action at right time (Remember your Inner beast, unchained and stun are off the global cooldown as well as buffs.. Time them right and win)
3. Bring Potions (Just because have healer doesnt mean no pots foo)
4. Learn Fights
5. Be awesome and use /visor when about to enter a big boss fight

That is all
---
Wyn04|Izen|Hound|<50|F/W
#2Ultima_Weapon33Posted 9/17/2013 12:25:43 AM
5. Be awesome and use /visor when about to enter a big boss fight

You forgot the part where you say something like "Henshin-a-go-go, baby!" or "It's go time!".

Also PLD is superior.
---
A true hero never wavers. My place is at the top.
Bring me a real challenge. CHA
#3crimsidenPosted 9/17/2013 12:27:55 AM
Good warriors are like heroes..
So many try to be and do horrible while 5 percent are like wtf good.
#4Apl_JPosted 9/17/2013 12:28:40 AM
As a WAR, I'm obliged to agree even though I have yet to even play/party with a PLD.

Against groups, WAR is win. Against singles, WAR is still win because tanking one enemy is incredibly easy regardless.
---
RIP GDMag, you made my career a reality. (1994-2013) FFXIV: Albireo Zazayadi @ Malboro
Currently Playing: Dragon's Crown, FFXIV, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#5IntegnosPosted 9/17/2013 12:34:11 AM(edited)
I soloed the final boss in Cutter's Cry from ~20% to 0% as a WAR.
I also soloed the final boss in Cutter's Cry from ~33% to 0% as a PLD.

...what? Did you think the WAR was the only tank that can self-heal?
#6crimsidenPosted 9/17/2013 12:30:20 AM
btw this is an horrible guide give people rotations at least or recommended cross skills or something Your whole post can be sum with....

Learn to be good
#7Wyn04(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 12:34:59 AM
My friend, Warriors are not the only tanks with Self Heals, but they are the only tank with MANLY HUGE BALLS to use two handed axe and go "Come at me, Bro" on enemies.

Oh another tip copy this line and paste it whenever a huge boss AOE hits your team.
"Assist the others, friend. I GOT THIS."

Warriors are just BADASSERY all around. You cannot even fathom.
---
Wyn04|Izen|Hound|<50|F/W
#8Ein_SophPosted 9/17/2013 12:36:30 AM
As a WHM, I'm inclined to agree. You guys rock.
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#9FiReyDRaGO71157Posted 9/17/2013 12:37:24 AM
Someone is going to read this and think you're being srs
---
chokin down dat kush
#10James43090Posted 9/17/2013 12:40:24 AM(edited)
I think we can all agree that a good tank can hold all aggro no problem whether Warrior or Paladin.

I think we can all agree that a good healer can keep the tank alive easily, along with their party, whether Warrior or Paladin.

However...Operation Ifrit Eruption Interruption favors Paladin 100%. Bahamuts Coil bosses that destroy tanks, favors Paladin mitigation skills 100%.

So there are two situations here where a paladin is always better if both tanks are equal in skill and can hold threat no problem. I really did like the warrior job too, ffs.