New 50 - Help me.

#1Boa_NoahPosted 9/17/2013 2:05:33 AM
So I just got to level 50, I'm a fresh faced Black Mage that still needs to complete the main story line before progressing to actual end-game content, and that's where I need help.

From what I can gather my first priority is to grab the level 50 weapon from my GC so that I can do HM Ifrit to grind for his weapon drop and from there I suppose I should run Amdapor for my green gear. But where do I go to get similarly leveled jewelry? Will I be okay to run some of the end-game dungeons with just my standard plot AF gear and GC weapon? I imagine I can focus my Philo to get the darklight jewelry but I'm not sure if I'll get raged at for running the dungeons to get my philo with the level 38-40 stuff I have now.

Basically, help me out, what should I be focusing on after I complete the main story, what dungeons should I run first to get better geared, how bad are the 'gear check' snobs that will rage at me for attempting to upgrade my gear?
---
PSN: Boa-Noa
Steam: Boa_Noah
#2potatochobitPosted 9/17/2013 2:15:29 AM
Beat the story mission

do ifrit HM a few times and try and get a weapon

keep farming castrum and get a few pieces of darklight

I would prefer you not do ampadors keep until you have a decent weapon, but you can take your chances with the duty finder

if you are able to clear it, you can buy a grand company weapon which is not bad if you dont have an ifrit weapon
---
Anime you should be watching right now? LOVE LAB
Why is Charlotte Moe? http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/
#3Boa_Noah(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 2:42:16 AM
potatochobit posted...
Beat the story mission

do ifrit HM a few times and try and get a weapon

keep farming castrum and get a few pieces of darklight

I would prefer you not do ampadors keep until you have a decent weapon, but you can take your chances with the duty finder

if you are able to clear it, you can buy a grand company weapon which is not bad if you dont have an ifrit weapon

I thought I needed the GC weapon to do Ifrit HM to farm for his weapon drop? also I guess I'll keep out of Amda until I have enough Darklight on my character to make the runs smooth.
---
PSN: Boa-Noa
Steam: Boa_Noah
#4SeikenZPosted 9/17/2013 2:45:45 AM
I used the lvl 44 GC weapon on my Monk to do Ifrit Hardmode, it was more than enough.
#5potatochobitPosted 9/17/2013 11:19:09 AM
if you want to make AK to go smooth you need a good weapon

your armor dont really matter, you should only be getting hit at the demon wall, and the healer will have to spam heals like a crazy person anyway

joining ifrit HM is fine
because there is no guarantee the other 7 idiots didnt just finish their story mission an hour ago
---
Anime you should be watching right now? LOVE LAB
Why is Charlotte Moe? http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/
#6DoxaVaPosted 9/17/2013 11:51:08 AM
After completing the story I personally jumped into Ifrit hard mode right away. 8 runs later I had my axe. I then proceeded to run Wanderer's Palace and Castrum for tomestones and a few drops (from Wanderer's). After gearing up in 5 pieces of darklight and 3 Wanderer's drops I starting looking to Amdapor Keep more. Thus far I have been unlucky with drops and only obtained the ring.

My advice is dive into Ifrit asap and try to see if you can get your weapon quickly. I have seen people get them within three runs and others where it takes 30-40+. Regardless gearing up in darklight should be your primary concern for the moment. Then you will be ready for Garuda and later Titan.
#7Veggie15Posted 9/17/2013 1:27:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8dsimek_Posted 9/17/2013 2:58:42 PM
I think you must do AK to get GC promotion to be able to buy your GC weapon. AK was the 2nd thing I did as a fresh 50. I did Wanders Palace first, but its not worth re-running because you get no tombs there. I've run AK about 6 times now as tank, and I still don't have the Ifrit weapon. You don't need end game gear to run Ak just need to learn the place.