New 50 - Help me.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Boa_Noah

Boa_Noah
3 years ago#1
So I just got to level 50, I'm a fresh faced Black Mage that still needs to complete the main story line before progressing to actual end-game content, and that's where I need help.

From what I can gather my first priority is to grab the level 50 weapon from my GC so that I can do HM Ifrit to grind for his weapon drop and from there I suppose I should run Amdapor for my green gear. But where do I go to get similarly leveled jewelry? Will I be okay to run some of the end-game dungeons with just my standard plot AF gear and GC weapon? I imagine I can focus my Philo to get the darklight jewelry but I'm not sure if I'll get raged at for running the dungeons to get my philo with the level 38-40 stuff I have now.

Basically, help me out, what should I be focusing on after I complete the main story, what dungeons should I run first to get better geared, how bad are the 'gear check' snobs that will rage at me for attempting to upgrade my gear?
PSN: Boa-Noa
Steam: Boa_Noah

User Info: potatochobit

potatochobit
3 years ago#2
Beat the story mission

do ifrit HM a few times and try and get a weapon

keep farming castrum and get a few pieces of darklight

I would prefer you not do ampadors keep until you have a decent weapon, but you can take your chances with the duty finder

if you are able to clear it, you can buy a grand company weapon which is not bad if you dont have an ifrit weapon
Anime you should be watching right now? LOVE LAB
Why is Charlotte Moe? http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/

User Info: Boa_Noah

Boa_Noah
3 years ago#3
potatochobit posted...
Beat the story mission

do ifrit HM a few times and try and get a weapon

keep farming castrum and get a few pieces of darklight

I would prefer you not do ampadors keep until you have a decent weapon, but you can take your chances with the duty finder

if you are able to clear it, you can buy a grand company weapon which is not bad if you dont have an ifrit weapon

I thought I needed the GC weapon to do Ifrit HM to farm for his weapon drop? also I guess I'll keep out of Amda until I have enough Darklight on my character to make the runs smooth.
PSN: Boa-Noa
Steam: Boa_Noah

User Info: SeikenZ

SeikenZ
3 years ago#4
I used the lvl 44 GC weapon on my Monk to do Ifrit Hardmode, it was more than enough.

User Info: potatochobit

potatochobit
3 years ago#5
if you want to make AK to go smooth you need a good weapon

your armor dont really matter, you should only be getting hit at the demon wall, and the healer will have to spam heals like a crazy person anyway

joining ifrit HM is fine
because there is no guarantee the other 7 idiots didnt just finish their story mission an hour ago
Anime you should be watching right now? LOVE LAB
Why is Charlotte Moe? http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/

User Info: DoxaVa

DoxaVa
3 years ago#6
After completing the story I personally jumped into Ifrit hard mode right away. 8 runs later I had my axe. I then proceeded to run Wanderer's Palace and Castrum for tomestones and a few drops (from Wanderer's). After gearing up in 5 pieces of darklight and 3 Wanderer's drops I starting looking to Amdapor Keep more. Thus far I have been unlucky with drops and only obtained the ring.

My advice is dive into Ifrit asap and try to see if you can get your weapon quickly. I have seen people get them within three runs and others where it takes 30-40+. Regardless gearing up in darklight should be your primary concern for the moment. Then you will be ready for Garuda and later Titan.
(message deleted)

User Info: dsimek_

dsimek_
3 years ago#8
I think you must do AK to get GC promotion to be able to buy your GC weapon. AK was the 2nd thing I did as a fresh 50. I did Wanders Palace first, but its not worth re-running because you get no tombs there. I've run AK about 6 times now as tank, and I still don't have the Ifrit weapon. You don't need end game gear to run Ak just need to learn the place.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived