Anybody fearing the vote kick feature?

#11MonkeyDLuffy(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 3:28:47 AM
Maybe they can implement a 3 strike thing? So maybe only allowed to vote kick after 3 wipes? That way the group can assess whether its because somebody's being an idiot or not.
---
"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!" Ned Flanders' mom
#12ericbogardPosted 9/24/2013 3:32:33 AM
Considering the huge number of leechers in CM runs lately, that option is just a must-have.

Only people that suck fear the vote kick tbh.
---
Nothing !
#13MindersPosted 9/24/2013 3:40:45 AM
ericbogard posted...
Considering the huge number of leechers in CM runs lately, that option is just a must-have.

No, so much no. Everyone that isn't ahead of the curve have reason to fear it. Even in this topic you see people who threaten to kick people without amazing gear. But where do you think you get that gear? From the places that you will be kicked out of mostly. Or first timers? You wouldn't dare ask for tactics as you risk being kicked out instead of having them explained to you.

I've been playing slowly and trying out various classes (I got most as 25-30) and highest is 47. I'm a fairly good player, never had any complaints at all against me and I'm experienced in MMOs. I'm quick to pick up tactics and I adapt fairly well. Why should I get kicked to be replaced by someone who already has done the dungeon 20 times? I get that you speed up the run a couple of minutes by not having to explain tactics (and I personally do research ahead of times, but tactics change fast when people figure out a new way to exploit it). You shouldn't HAVE to do massive out of game research to play through dungeons.

I'm not saying let anyone through always, if people don't listen or don't play as a team they deserve to be booted out as it's a team game, but a feature that doesn't even let me prove that I'm worth the time? Not sure if I like.

That being said, I'm still for it, to many runs have been ruined by complete and utter crap douchebags. Had a tank that refused to move unless everyone else promised to pass on conjurer gear because he wanted it for his other job for example, that's the kind of person that deserves it.

But fear the possibilites of abuse from the system? That I do.
---
"homer the lord only asks for one hour a week" -Marge
"in that case he should have made the week an hour longer..." -Homer (GF)
#14urtvPosted 9/24/2013 3:47:38 AM
join a fc or make some friends.problem solved
#15Bestia_SomniaPosted 9/24/2013 4:02:23 AM
Minders posted...
ericbogard posted...

No, so much no. Everyone that isn't ahead of the curve have reason to fear it. Even in this topic you see people who threaten to kick people without amazing gear. But where do you think you get that gear? From the places that you will be kicked out of mostly. Or first timers? You wouldn't dare ask for tactics as you risk being kicked out instead of having them explained to you.

I've been playing slowly and trying out various classes (I got most as 25-30) and highest is 47. I'm a fairly good player, never had any complaints at all against me and I'm experienced in MMOs. I'm quick to pick up tactics and I adapt fairly well. Why should I get kicked to be replaced by someone who already has done the dungeon 20 times? I get that you speed up the run a couple of minutes by not having to explain tactics (and I personally do research ahead of times, but tactics change fast when people figure out a new way to exploit it). You shouldn't HAVE to do massive out of game research to play through dungeons.

I'm not saying let anyone through always, if people don't listen or don't play as a team they deserve to be booted out as it's a team game, but a feature that doesn't even let me prove that I'm worth the time? Not sure if I like.

That being said, I'm still for it, to many runs have been ruined by complete and utter crap douchebags. Had a tank that refused to move unless everyone else promised to pass on conjurer gear because he wanted it for his other job for example, that's the kind of person that deserves it.

I think that players should be kicked if their gear is crap. They selfishly hold everyone else back as we struggle to carry their dead weight, especially in Titan HM. Soon there will be a minimum item lvl requirement for instances, so kicking over gear won't be necessary.
---
http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1554077/
#16_Mad_Hatter_Posted 9/24/2013 4:03:26 AM
ericbogard posted...

leechers?
You mean the people who just hit 50 and are trying to finish the game...

Those guys...?
---
Would You Kindly.
#17LoveFreakFlonnePosted 9/24/2013 4:10:41 AM
Yeah I am afraid all the PC Master race **** wads will be like zomg filthy ps3 casual /kick the scrubz lol.
---
Loves your show, want to meet the band. Back stage pass and she'll give you a hand. Shes a good girl, but a sucker for a superstar.
#18IsiliaPosted 9/24/2013 4:14:32 AM
loldrg *votekick*

Seriously though I'm OK with this. I static with a sch or whm so for anyone who would boot me out to be an ass would lose their healer too. That's a special situation for just me, however.

Honestly I wouldn't use this votekick feature unless:

- The user has no chance of improving with instruction (especially if also #2)

- Is an ass to most members

- AFK (for extended period)/DC

Not going to kick someone if they are new. It's nice to help others new to an experience. Not going to kick if we wipe. I won't even kick XCloudx SSJGOKU as they may actually be the god of gaming for all I know.

There is a bit of fear, but nothing that doesn't balance out with the good it creates as well.
#19MindersPosted 9/24/2013 4:18:59 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Minders posted...
ericbogard posted...

I think that players should be kicked if their gear is crap. They selfishly hold everyone else back as we struggle to carry their dead weight, especially in Titan HM. Soon there will be a minimum item lvl requirement for instances, so kicking over gear won't be necessary.

Crap yes, low no. If I enter HM Titan in white level 40 gear kick me hard enough that I break the soundbarrier on the way out. If I however enter in less than optimal gear, such as gear that drops from HM Titan, then no you shouldn't kick me. At least not before I have a chance to prove that I'm skilled enough to carry my own weight at least. If you really want only the best of the best then form the group out of a FC, friends or a LS that specifically caters to your needs. If I don't fit in there I won't be in that LS in the first place.

And if you think that a iLvl requirement will stop people from kicking due to gear you are naive. There will always be a higher requirement than what is needed simply because it makes the run a lot easier and people who got through by struggling in the first place don't want a repeat and as such will not offer to help other people struggle. Not saying everyone is like that tho, I'm sure the requirement will lessen the gearkicking.
---
"homer the lord only asks for one hour a week" -Marge
"in that case he should have made the week an hour longer..." -Homer (GF)
#20MaurithPosted 9/24/2013 4:19:50 AM
All those poor, poor people watching cutscenes in Castrum / Praetorium. :/
---
FFXIV:- Aeliott Cadenza [Phoenix Server]: http://imgur.com/a/QuDs1
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3035230/