Good Bard dps rotation?

#1kamikaze135Posted 9/24/2013 6:46:10 PM
I picked up Bard again after not playing it for a while since 1.xx and I'm enjoying it. However, I don't know a good rotation to maintain decent dps. Any tips? level 50, btw.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#2kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 7:34:06 PM
bump
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#35FDPx666Posted 9/25/2013 11:26:13 PM
This is my bards rotation. I'm not saying its the best, but it gets the job done. I start off with straight shot then go right into windbite and then venomous bite. After that I continually use heavy shot until straighter shot comes up. I suggest to macro misery's end and bloodletter into all of your single target actions. Make sure misery's end is your top priority(right under straight shot) when monsters HP is below 20%. Then bloodletter. Basically whenever you have them use them. If you macro them you won't have to worry about them. Make sure you always have straight shot up and windbite with venomous bite for a crit chance to get an instant recast of bloodletter. Your aoe rotation would be wide volly into rain of death into quick nock. Each have a 15% chance of costing no tp in that order. You also have flame arrow which is great. Use right in between cd. Your buffs should be internal release(very important) hawk's eye, blood for blood, raging strikes, and barrage. I suggest to just macro those together if you want. I could continue on, but you said rotation lol... Hope this helps. If you need help with bard's raid utility just ask.
#4SnoicFactorPosted 9/26/2013 1:40:04 AM
roll your face on your keyboard
---
nt
#5SmowyPosted 9/26/2013 2:37:06 AM
I macro the following

Key 1
/ac "Misery's End" <t>
/ac "Bloodletter" <t>

Key 2
/ac "Straight Shot" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Venomous Bite" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Windbiter" <t>

Key 3
/ac "Heavy Shot" <t>
/wait 2.5>
/ac "Heavy Shot"<t>

The idea is I start with key 2 which puts up crit chance and then my DoT's - after that I use key 1 for bloodletter followed by key 3 for the heavy shot crits.

I keep an eye on my timers and put up straight shot whenever its running low - If my DoT's are still fine i can interupt that macro with key 3 to keep using heavy thrust and maximise dps.

I use key 1 everytime Bloodletter is available provided crit chance is heightened. Misery's end will take priority of action over bloodletter as soon as the target drops below 20% hp. If i hit it again afterwards it'll also use bloodletter on almost no cooldown.
---
I think Necron is a pretty cool guy, he show up out of nowhere and doesn't afraid of anything.
#6SoaringBlizzardPosted 9/26/2013 3:40:50 AM
SnoicFactor posted...
roll your face on your keyboard

this, bard are about as easy as it gets =D
#7ScreamingMidgetPosted 9/26/2013 3:57:39 AM(edited)
Straight Shot
Bloodletter
Windbite
Venomous Bite
Heavy Shot spam (Straight Shot if 100% crit procs)

Misery's End whenever possible, Bloodletter whenever it resets
#8LordrvPosted 9/26/2013 5:18:33 AM
brd is stupidly easy.

hit 11111 2 and make a cd button for ur off the gcd stuf.

mash off the gcd button while off the gcd, otherwise keep up dots and mash 11111 2.
ur welcome
#9MindersPosted 9/26/2013 5:45:32 AM
Lordrv posted...
brd is stupidly easy.

hit 11111 2 and make a cd button for ur off the gcd stuf.

mash off the gcd button while off the gcd, otherwise keep up dots and mash 11111 2.
ur welcome

While technically not exactly wrong it's simplifying it to the point of stupidity. For optimal damage there are more things to consider. I'll admit that Bard is probably one of the easiest classes to play but sometimes, if you want optimal performance, you need to think a bit. For example, time the cooldowns with your dots so that all cooldown are up when you need to refresh them as the dots deal their damage based on your stats when you cast them. How long will the enemy last? Depending on that casting windbite before venomous strike might be better. When to use your ballads, you'd want to time them so that their major uptime is when you have no long cooldowns to pop. However you still need to make sure you don't run out of TP.

Now I realise I overcomplicated things as the difference between WB and VS first is negligible but I'm just showing you that it can swing both ways.

Tanking for a pally can be simplified to a point where it doesn't show that there can be a difference between a good and a bad tank.
press 1-2-3, tab repeat. If many mobs use flash. Cooldowns as needed.
This is far from the optimal way to tank but it works and it shows the core of what it is. Doesn't show all the things a good tank will think about tho, such as being prepared to stun (bards have a silence), knowing what order is optimal to kill the enemies in, moving them to make sure dd have the easiest time to deal damage with the least risk. Always being aware of where every enemy is in case you get a unplanned patrol or something breaks the sleep (if you use that, another thing to consider).
---
"homer the lord only asks for one hour a week" -Marge
"in that case he should have made the week an hour longer..." -Homer (GF)
#10skins25Posted 9/26/2013 5:48:37 AM
Venomous Bite
Venomous Bite
Venomous Bite
Heavy Shot
Limit Break 3
Straight SHot
Venomous Bite

(repeat)
---
"While I make no habit of charity, I could not well abandon so goodly a wench to rogues."