How do I set macros autocast skills?

#1RontequePosted 9/25/2013 3:28:02 PM
I have been manually casting skills using 1 -> 5, shift + 1 - 5, alt+1->5. Is there a way I can set macros to automatically cast a set of skill combos?

I find it troublesome for the Monk since I have to constantly press bootshine -> twin snakes -> snap punch. Would be awesome if I can set them up into groups of different combo rotation.

I know there is a macro setup settings. But what are the commands?
#2TheDarkNerdPosted 9/25/2013 3:29:50 PM
/ac "Skill Name" <t> (or <me> for a buff used on oneself)
/wait # (in seconds)

The two most basic commands needed for a macro.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WKp3kfx.gif
#3EricFishPosted 9/25/2013 3:31:10 PM
http://eorzeareborn.com/macro-overview/
---
I'm just this guy.
#4EdalborezPosted 9/25/2013 3:55:31 PM(edited)
You can make "3-in-1" macros for MNK specifically because of how their combos work. Like:

/ac "Some Raptor skill" <t>
/ac "Some Coeurl skill" <t>
/ac "Some Opo skill" <t>

Since opo is at the bottom it won't do it unless raptor/couerl are unavailable. Can use this to just make 1 button each for flank, rear, AoE, and situational combos.

You will probably want some moves on their own for when you use Perfect Balance though.
#5Ronteque(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 8:23:28 PM
Edalborez posted...
You can make "3-in-1" macros for MNK specifically because of how their combos work. Like:

/ac "Some Opo skill" <t>

Since opo is at the bottom it won't do it unless raptor/couerl are unavailable. Can use this to just make 1 button each for flank, rear, AoE, and situational combos.

You will probably want some moves on their own for when you use Perfect Balance though.

This doesn't work.

I tried it and it just keep using the Raptor skill over and over!

I even tried to add /wait 2.5 but it just makes the skill slow to cast as Monk's recast is around 2.1s with greased lightning.
#6Lord_KojiPosted 9/25/2013 9:24:53 PM
Ronteque posted...
Edalborez posted...

/ac "Some Opo skill" <t>

This doesn't work.

I tried it and it just keep using the Raptor skill over and over!

I even tried to add /wait 2.5 but it just makes the skill slow to cast as Monk's recast is around 2.1s with greased lightning.

Maybe try reversing the order.
---
PSN: KojiKensei
#7TheDarkNerdPosted 9/25/2013 9:31:10 PM(edited)
That sounds odd. Doesn't using a Raptor skill normally change you to Coeurl form? And can't you only use a Raptor skill while in Raptor form? Should probably note that I've never played Monk.
---
#8Ronteque(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 9:43:20 PM(edited)
TheDarkNerd posted...
That sounds odd. Doesn't using a Raptor skill normally change you to Coeurl form? And can't you only use a Raptor skill while in Raptor form? Should probably note that I've never played Monk.

I have tried both.. Bootshine changes to raptor, twin snakes changes to coeurl and snap punch changes to opo opo. No error here..

/ac "Bootshine" <t>
/ac "Twin Snakes" <t>
/ac "Snap Punch" <t>

and

/ac "Bootshine" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Twin Snakes" <t>
/wait 2.5
/ac "Snap Punch" <t>

The first macro I just keep using bootshine over and over.

The second macro works but it takes too long to recast. As Monks get increased recast time with more stacks of greased lightning. My recast time is roughly 2.2s and the macro is slowing down my rotations making it feel more like 3 seconds between each skill sequence.

Even

a/c "Featherfoot" <me>
a/c "Bloodbath" <me>

doesn't work. It casts Featherfoot and bloodbath doesn't follow unless I click the macro twice. Adding 2.5 wait time delay the sequence of self buffs...

So Monks are basically gimped when it comes to setting up macros due to their greased lightning skill reducing their recast timer? Only way to optimally play a monk is to manually hit every single button and monks have LOTS of different combo rotations... For flank, rear, debuff, dot, aoe, silence, stance change, situational skills, etc.. -_-
#9TheDarkNerdPosted 9/25/2013 9:59:44 PM
Bootshine gets a bonus by being in Opo-Opo Form, but does not need Opo-opo form to work. It needs to go to the end of the list (hence why "Some Opo Skill" was specifically last).

If you want both buffs to fire off one macro, and they're both off the GCD, you can use /wait 1 for a minimal wait time (I believe, not sure if it goes lower).
---
#10EdalborezPosted 9/26/2013 1:09:38 PM(edited)
I should note the 3 in one I posted, you just mash that. It doesn't do all 3 at once for you.

If you use /waits it's not optimal because it rounds up/down.

Specifically you want Dragon Kick, AoE ground shake thing, Bootshine, any etc Opo skill (Opo meaning "can do any time" and CHANGES TO raptor form) as the last.