What materia can I meld into a HQ Vanya casting hat?

#1ToInt32Posted 9/25/2013 7:47:51 PM
It's my understanding that I can't meld +INT into it.. which makes me really wonder why people like these pieces so much. So before I waste some 500K on one, what can it support?
---
Converting your world, one integer at a time.
#2FerrousIronyPosted 9/25/2013 8:04:13 PM
As I understand it, when an item is made HQ, the bonuses it provides are essentially capped for those stats. Not sure what particular stats would be useful on it, since I see it already has Determination (and I'm not fully sure what other stats are useful to casters). I suppose since you can't throw more INT, you could throw Piety or a floating point, or something.
---
"i think it's nice that the people who play this game are willing and eager to stand up for what they believe in, by being dicks"
-Emo Preppy Kid
#3dudeitscoolPosted 9/25/2013 8:04:17 PM
I would assume spellspeed.
---
Looking at the big picture is easier on the eyes...
#4OmegaXtremePosted 9/25/2013 8:10:56 PM
It's crap then but since gold is pretty much worthless now I guess you can afford to throw them around. Every week that goes by you're able to get more and more AF2 pieces which dwarf the hq vanya stuffs.
#5dudeitscoolPosted 9/26/2013 12:12:35 PM
OmegaXtreme posted...
It's crap then but since gold is pretty much worthless now I guess you can afford to throw them around. Every week that goes by you're able to get more and more AF2 pieces which dwarf the hq vanya stuffs.

Well, on the plus side you can at least dye the robes if that sort of thing matters to you.
---
Looking at the big picture is easier on the eyes...
#6Tucker4321Posted 9/26/2013 12:15:22 PM
You should be able to meld more crit for sure, Slightly more determination. Then accuracy/spell speed.

I would assume you would be able to get crit to at least 13/14 with this hat, Det to 11, Accuracy and spell speed to 13/14.

I have no numbers to provide this just experience from melding my own gear.
#7Tucker4321Posted 9/26/2013 12:17:50 PM(edited)
Oh I based those numbers off the Non-HQ stats, So you should be able to get the crit and such higher.

In my general experience the secondary stats should be able to be melded higher then primary stat.

Edit: Take a look at my lodestone for examples of min maxing stats on gear.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2360611/
#8XXI_WorldPosted 9/26/2013 1:03:46 PM
Accuracy.

There's a certain accuracy threshold you need to pass (unfortunately I don't remember the number, I'm just a healer) or you'll miss like crazy in Coil of Bahamut.
---
PSN: charlottexxi | FFXIV: Mina Kresciel, Leviathan.
http://charlottexxi.deviantart.com/
#9Tucker4321Posted 9/26/2013 1:15:24 PM
I was told the accuracy cap was around 450. Very important to not miss your attacks.