Do you actually look up info on a boss before you engage it?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Do you actually look up info on a boss before you engage it?
3 years ago#1
If it is your first time, that is. This could range from text to videos, etc. Reason I ask is that I notice that a lot of people do that even if it is their first run. It's as if they don't want to wipe AT ALL.

Personally, I think it's kinda cool to discover the boss' move set as I go along. Of course, sometimes we screw up and we are instantly wiped by -for example- the instant KO moves that the primals have if you don't meet certain conditions such as destroying Ifrit's nail, etc.

Of course, i can understand looking it up if you re-strategize and still don't get the pattern down but doing it right off the bat kind of spoils the fun.
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
3 years ago#2
i dont like to, if it was something with my FC i would, as i like to do really well with them. but if i have time to run with some duty finder peeps then i will do that as much as i can before hand.
i really only had to do it for HM titan though
3 years ago#3
Of course I look up boss mechanics before going in. I want to give myself and my party every advantage possible. Also I don't miss out on the first run wonder because there is a large difference between reading about a fight and actually experiencing the fight.
i5 3570k | Asrock b75 pro3 |4gb gtx 760 | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz | Antec 620W | 1 TB HDD | Cooler Master elite 431+
One more drink at the Sunk'n Norwegian
3 years ago#4
Didn't look up a single mechanic as I leveled,as a tank.
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1177-6984-9180
3 years ago#5
Not totally necessary for anything up to Ifrit Hard / Amdapor and things after.
3 years ago#6
i always do since im a tank. i have to know the fights :D
"Memories are nice, but that's all they are" - Rikku FFX
PSN: xXDim_SumXx
3 years ago#7
Not until the later dungeons. The best parties I had was when everyone is new to the dungeon, and we all don't know what to expect.
Competitive gaming is a joke.
PC Shop Teacher: Remember - anyone who doesn't build their own birdhouse is a CASUAL woodsmith.
3 years ago#8
Hlogic posted...
i always do since im a tank. i have to know the fights :D

^ That. Moreover, I'm not going to waste anyone's time causing wipes because I didn't know the fight.
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
3 years ago#9
There's no time!
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
3 years ago#10
I did for titan because he has a set rotation that I needed to learn. Before I looked up nope learned in duty finder. I did look up coil 1 boss on request of my fc.
~~Gamertag + PSN : Jrunk1~
Curently Playing: BO2, Gears 3, Binding Of Isaac, any 2D Fighter I dig out the crate, WOW (I know, needed an MMO waiting on FF XIV).
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Do you actually look up info on a boss before you engage it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived