Do you actually look up info on a boss before you engage it?

#1Ein_SophPosted 9/27/2013 6:42:26 PM
If it is your first time, that is. This could range from text to videos, etc. Reason I ask is that I notice that a lot of people do that even if it is their first run. It's as if they don't want to wipe AT ALL.

Personally, I think it's kinda cool to discover the boss' move set as I go along. Of course, sometimes we screw up and we are instantly wiped by -for example- the instant KO moves that the primals have if you don't meet certain conditions such as destroying Ifrit's nail, etc.

Of course, i can understand looking it up if you re-strategize and still don't get the pattern down but doing it right off the bat kind of spoils the fun.
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#2pulseOfflinePosted 9/27/2013 6:46:14 PM
i dont like to, if it was something with my FC i would, as i like to do really well with them. but if i have time to run with some duty finder peeps then i will do that as much as i can before hand.
i really only had to do it for HM titan though
#3rapacioushoboPosted 9/27/2013 6:49:38 PM
Of course I look up boss mechanics before going in. I want to give myself and my party every advantage possible. Also I don't miss out on the first run wonder because there is a large difference between reading about a fight and actually experiencing the fight.
---
i5 3570k | Asrock b75 pro3 |4gb gtx 760 | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz | Antec 620W | 1 TB HDD | Cooler Master elite 431+
One more drink at the Sunk'n Norwegian
#4AlastreonPosted 9/27/2013 6:52:06 PM
Didn't look up a single mechanic as I leveled,as a tank.
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1177-6984-9180
#5EdalborezPosted 9/27/2013 6:53:50 PM
Not totally necessary for anything up to Ifrit Hard / Amdapor and things after.
#6HlogicPosted 9/27/2013 7:01:54 PM
i always do since im a tank. i have to know the fights :D
---
"Memories are nice, but that's all they are" - Rikku FFX
PSN: xXDim_SumXx
#7XianCePosted 9/27/2013 7:06:19 PM
Not until the later dungeons. The best parties I had was when everyone is new to the dungeon, and we all don't know what to expect.
---
Competitive gaming is a joke.
PC Shop Teacher: Remember - anyone who doesn't build their own birdhouse is a CASUAL woodsmith.
#8NovaLevossidaPosted 9/27/2013 7:11:02 PM
Hlogic posted...
i always do since im a tank. i have to know the fights :D

^ That. Moreover, I'm not going to waste anyone's time causing wipes because I didn't know the fight.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#9Ein_Soph(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 7:13:10 PM
There's no time!
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#10JrunkonePosted 9/27/2013 7:18:41 PM
I did for titan because he has a set rotation that I needed to learn. Before I looked up nope learned in duty finder. I did look up coil 1 boss on request of my fc.
---
~~Gamertag + PSN : Jrunk1~
Curently Playing: BO2, Gears 3, Binding Of Isaac, any 2D Fighter I dig out the crate, WOW (I know, needed an MMO waiting on FF XIV).