Vanya set vs Darklight for WHM/SCH...

#1Pisces-BubblePosted 9/28/2013 2:09:20 AM
In your opinion, is Vanya more viable than Darklight? If nay or yay, explain.

Personally, I think Vanya is superior. You can slot it pretty well. And what the vanya doesnt cover, you can have the missing links alla darklight(rings, neck, ear)

Plus, you dont have a cowl. :D
#2YHWHPosted 9/28/2013 2:17:25 AM
You can also dye it. That alone is worth it versus all the darklight clones.
#3OmegaXtremePosted 9/28/2013 2:29:05 AM
How are you gonna afford the vanya pieces? They go for like 1M or more for each piece. If you could earn that much gold legitimately, then sure go for it.
#4OpticalcontactPosted 9/28/2013 2:32:13 AM
It's pretty clear Vanya is more valuable esp since you can socket exactly the stats you need. For example mind and crit chance would be ideal for scholar. The issue here is the value. You can farm cm and ak all day and get dark light gear relatively easy. Or you can spend a significantly longer time saving up to buy or actually craft the vanya gear not including the materias themselves. Not worth it IMO unless you have all the resources at your disposal.
#5OmegaXtremePosted 9/28/2013 2:36:19 AM
Opticalcontact posted...
It's pretty clear Vanya is more valuable esp since you can socket exactly the stats you need. For example mind and crit chance would be ideal for scholar. The issue here is the value. You can farm cm and ak all day and get dark light gear relatively easy. Or you can spend a significantly longer time saving up to buy or actually craft the vanya gear not including the materias themselves. Not worth it IMO unless you have all the resources at your disposal.

You can't add anymore mind because there's a cap. I don't think you can add any of the main stats displayed on the piece. You can add other stats like determination but it's not as good as mind. Allagan and AF2 pieces will still be better.
#6MajinUltimaPosted 9/28/2013 2:51:00 AM
The drawback for Vanya is that they cost 9 of a 125 Tome item to craft, the other materials are irrelevant to that cost. SE had a terrible design for the cost of these.

The upside for Vanya is that it isn't some dumbass body+head piece covering my lalafell's adorable face and pink hair.
---
Homura-chan is the coolest.
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/7899/homura02b.jpg
#7KaijuuPosted 9/28/2013 2:53:08 AM
The only vanya piece worth getting for SCH is the hat. I can't really give an opinion on gearing WHM.
---
Nothing's non-fat. That's why the world is going to explode one day.
#8Raven_ShikumiPosted 9/28/2013 4:46:06 AM
And if you use the hat, you need the robe.
---
Mowowowow.
#9coolguy02Posted 9/28/2013 7:29:37 AM
OmegaXtreme posted...
How are you gonna afford the vanya pieces? They go for like 1M or more for each piece. If you could earn that much gold legitimately, then sure go for it.

You farm CM/Praet. It's only 25 minutes per run with a good group.

Yes, Vanya set is better due to socketing. Socketing the materia is what sets it a higher bar than DL.
#10Boa_NoahPosted 9/28/2013 7:39:04 AM
Since you guys are already talking about it I might as well just ask here, hope it's not rude:

What kind of materia? Or even better does anyone know what the hard stat caps are on the gear? If you know what the maximum stat the item can has is it makes it easier to not waste materia on any of the slot.

Also, the same questions but for BLM instead of WHM/SCH, it would be super.
---
PSN: Boa-Noa
Steam: Boa_Noah