What's the point of playing DRG/Monk end game?

#1Blow_My_MindPosted 9/28/2013 9:29:19 AM
When Bard and Summoner and BLM exist and fit so much more into teams AND don't have to worry about dodging PBAoEs that even if you do spend the time to dodge, lower your total DPS.

I feel these classes need a buff just for the sake of being melee.
---
Best 3DS Games so far: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Fire Emblem Awakening, Tales of the Abyss
#2EdalborezPosted 9/28/2013 9:31:27 AM
Running away doesn't mean you can't still hit things.

Also lolBLM.
#3Blow_My_Mind(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 9:37:54 AM
Edalborez posted...

Also lolBLM.

I love how you point stuff out, but dont explain anything when I was asking a question in the title.
---
Best 3DS Games so far: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Fire Emblem Awakening, Tales of the Abyss
#4velvet_hammerPosted 9/28/2013 9:41:12 AM(edited)
MNK- Top tier DPS, mantra being one of the best utility, LB is a monster, Silence, Stun on 40 second c/d.
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
#5KaiganeerPosted 9/28/2013 9:41:29 AM
i dunno, i think dragoon is manageable

greased lightning needs a duration buff, though
#6EdalborezPosted 9/28/2013 9:43:15 AM(edited)
What situations are you even talking about that spammed radial AoE is that huge of a problem? It really isn't. You can run back in as soon as the cast bar completes.

BLM is not even in that same tier on fights like Titan (weight of the land). They get hit pretty hard by having to move.

MNK's only problem with moving and time-wasting-can't-hit-me mechanics is losing GL.
#7velvet_hammerPosted 9/28/2013 9:44:21 AM
Blow_My_Mind posted...
Edalborez posted...

Also lolBLM.

I love how you point stuff out, but dont explain anything when I was asking a question in the title.

hes right, there is also more then enough bosses that make it hard for a caster like BLM.. just b/c a boss moves doesnt mean you cant keep attacking it.. most the time you can just go from side to back or front to avoid aoe
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
#8kamikaze135Posted 9/28/2013 9:46:23 AM
All jobs are good. People just don't know how to use em so other ignorant players assume the job is bad.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#9KlandestiniePosted 9/28/2013 11:59:59 AM
Because I want to.
#10DevasmetPosted 9/28/2013 12:11:59 PM
Blow_My_Mind posted...
When Bard and Summoner and BLM exist and fit so much more into teams AND don't have to worry about dodging PBAoEs that even if you do spend the time to dodge, lower your total DPS.

I feel these classes need a buff just for the sake of being melee.

Game is not idiot proof, so obviously derp melees gotta roll ranged only, 2 days ago I did turn one and two in coil, and I out DPSed the bard and blackmage by significant ammount, you know while dodging and stuff.