DDs need to start attacking the correct mobs.

#1RebelGameMasterPosted 10/2/2013 1:46:34 PM
So, I'm tanking in AK and the DRG continues to attack another mob different from mine. No, I am not marking the mobs but I shouldn't have to, Tanks have enough to do without babysitting DDs.

I point this out to the DRG and he says that with 3 Hounding Lights on top of each other it's hard to tell which one to attack. The BLM is also attacking a different mob. I tell them it's easy to tell, just fight the one with the lowest health.

Why does game have so many people who don't know how to do their job?
---
:)
#2Max58201Posted 10/2/2013 1:47:56 PM
RebelGameMaster posted...
So, I'm tanking in AK and the DRG continues to attack another mob different from mine. No, I am not marking the mobs but I shouldn't have to, Tanks have enough to do without babysitting DDs.

I point this out to the DRG and he says that with 3 Hounding Lights on top of each other it's hard to tell which one to attack. The BLM is also attacking a different mob. I tell them it's easy to tell, just fight the one with the lowest health.

Why does game have so many people who don't know how to do their job?

dont blame a dps when you are a failure of a tank
---
Official Occult Iaito of the Dark Souls board.
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#3AkirraPosted 10/2/2013 1:48:52 PM
Your job as a tank is to mark targets. Mark the targets and you won't have this issue.
#4Tucker4321Posted 10/2/2013 1:52:03 PM(edited)
You fail at your job, and then complain about others failing at their job. Logic.
#5gotohadesPosted 10/2/2013 1:52:41 PM
Akirra posted...
Your job as a tank is to mark targets. Mark the targets and you won't have this issue.

This. If you're not running with friends or your FC then you should be marking things as a tank. Of course it really isn't that hard to focus fire a target, but with a mark they have no excuse. Don't put all the blame on them because you're not using all the methods available.
---
"To roll poorly once may be regarded as misfortune. To roll poorly TWICE looks like carelessness."
3DS Friend Code: Micah 4682-8451-8168
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 10/2/2013 1:52:48 PM
Not even tangentially related to the topic at hand, I enjoy it when DDs ignore the numbers floating above mobs' heads.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#7tonycnyrPosted 10/2/2013 1:52:54 PM
I work with tanks who have the targets marked before I even get there. For a thing that takes 2 seconds it makes me more efficient at dealing damage and saves me from having to scroll while my auto attack picks off the wrong target. I don't see this as babysitting I see it as being efficient and a cohesive team. Mark your targets, it is tough to see the right one sometimes and if you don't draw the aggro fast enough a DPS is then forced to defend against a target not the same as yours.
#8ElyonPosted 10/2/2013 1:53:20 PM
Just mark the bloody mobs. You're being lazy if you're complaining about them when the solution to the problem is easily within your ability to fix. Hell, I've done it before as a WHM, it's not difficult.
---
Cyril ~ I'm glad you know your place.
#9YHWHPosted 10/2/2013 1:55:27 PM
TC, ask your healer to mark mobs for you.
#10IsiliaPosted 10/2/2013 1:56:32 PM
This seems fishy...

Joke topic?