Leveling alts

#1kocrachonPosted 10/9/2013 8:40:01 PM
So I am 23 on an alt spec, and trying to figure out how to level. My area has no fates going on right now. Most of the areas have no quests left. So what are the best ways to level up outside of fate grinding? I also used up all of my level quests for the day.
#2EnclosurePosted 10/9/2013 8:40:54 PM
There are always FATEs. If you don't want to though, you could always queue for dungeons and guildhests.
---
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1678/87591610.jpg
#3kocrachon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 8:43:49 PM
Very few fates going on right now in my area. I do them as they show. I also finished hunts.
#4_Ominousity_Posted 10/9/2013 8:50:26 PM
20-30 You should be FATE grinding in Quarrymill for the best exp per hour.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag - Om1nous1ty -
[R] [Looknmypants]: YO shhh im straight chipp off this ambien and iu think my towel cat can hear you
#5kocrachon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 8:53:57 PM
Thats precisely where I am, and there has been one fate in the last 10 minutes...
#6MorgasaurusPosted 10/9/2013 8:56:11 PM
1-12 Horizon
13-20 Aleport
21-30 Quarrymill
28-34 Costa del Sol
30-38 Dragonhead
38-42 Revenant's Toll
42-50 Ceruleum Processing Plant

This is my FATE grinding cheat sheet. It's where most of the players are FATE grinding and I got it from a random guide that I googled like a month ago. If you want to do nothing but FATES constantly then you should go to those areas and try to join a FATE party. If you want a more "chill" leveling pace then avoid those zones like the plague. There are alternatives, but I'm pretty sure joining FATE parties in those areas is definitely the fastest way to level a class.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#7Swedish_ChefPosted 10/9/2013 9:01:15 PM
Sometimes you may only get 1 fate in 10 minutes. Sometimes you'll get 5 back to back. It's random.
#8TheGaijinPosted 10/9/2013 10:13:23 PM
Morgasaurus posted...

i would put ceruleum a little after, like 44-45
You are kinda underlevel for all the lv49 fates
---
Final Fantasy XIV ARR: Masamune - Legacy Server
#9Bee123187Posted 10/9/2013 10:28:09 PM
Morgasaurus posted...
1-12 Horizon
13-20 Aleport
21-30 Quarrymill
28-34 Costa del Sol
30-38 Dragonhead
38-42 Revenant's Toll

This is my FATE grinding cheat sheet. It's where most of the players are FATE grinding and I got it from a random guide that I googled like a month ago. If you want to do nothing but FATES constantly then you should go to those areas and try to join a FATE party. If you want a more "chill" leveling pace then avoid those zones like the plague. There are alternatives, but I'm pretty sure joining FATE parties in those areas is definitely the fastest way to level a class.

Logged in to say thank you. I was looking for something similar to this since I just completed my first job.
---
3DS FC: 4828-4604-3847
FFXIV: Baby Slug | Server: Adamantoise
#10CennusPosted 10/10/2013 12:14:13 AM
Bee123187 posted...
Morgasaurus posted...
1-12 Horizon
13-20 Aleport
21-30 Quarrymill
28-34 Costa del Sol
30-38 Dragonhead
38-42 Revenant's Toll

Logged in to say thank you. I was looking for something similar to this since I just completed my first job.

To be honest, Revenant's Toll and the area around it is spread kind of thin. I didn't care for it for Fate grinding and there are barely any groups doing them. When you hit 30 there are plenty of quests to get you to 35, if not, then just stick around Costa del Sol until 34 and hit Dragonhead then. At 35 the story is taking you there anyways so it's a naturally fit. I leveled from FATE grinding and then got half to 3/4ths of a level through the newly unlocked quests in Coerthas then went back to FATEs.

At 42, you are more than ready to head to Cereleum Processing Plant but I would try and milk Dragonhead out until 43 or 44 if you can. Dragonhead area's FATEs are fun and awesome and there are plenty of quests to get you rocking some XP.

At 43 or 44 you won't have any issues at all at Processing Plant. Still, 42 is fine to go there. You'll hit 50 there easily with Dark Devices.

A big piece of advice though: When you get to Processing Plant the FATE groups there do things differently. There are a few FATEs you'll want to know what's up about:

Dark Devices (DD): This is the BIG one. You can easily get 100k+ XP from this for 20 minutes of your time. The first phase will have swarms of Lunatic Followers you can kill. KILL THEM AND THEM ONLY. Behind the Followers are Lunatic Lambs. They are the kill targets for the FATE. DO NOT KILL THEM UNTIL THE FATE TIMER REACHS 2 MINUTES LEFT.

The same tactic applies for the fate where your collect Earth Shards from the elementals. You can just keep killing them and killing them for XP all the while collecting shards. Do not hand your shards in until the timer is nearly finished.

Do your best to get into FATE groups. Anything they kill, you get XP for.
---
PSN - Warforged (Vita), Wii U - Cennus, FFXIV - Lady Nihilum (Famfrit)