Who has the hardest job in dungeons?

#1peterswe86Posted 10/10/2013 9:40:49 PM
Tanks or healers? Cause it's obviously not dps.

I'm currently playing as a healer and it seems a little more challenging than healing in the only other mmo I've played (WoW). How is tanking?
#2superziroPosted 10/10/2013 9:41:59 PM
Melee DPS. Harder than both of those. Tanking and Healing is a lot easier than people pretend it is.
#3peterswe86(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 9:44:39 PM
superziro posted...
Melee DPS. Harder than both of those. Tanking and Healing is a lot easier than people pretend it is.

it would be hard to compare it to healing, but why is melee dps tougher than tanking? just avoiding dmg?
#4superziroPosted 10/10/2013 9:48:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5belzykPosted 10/10/2013 9:48:19 PM
peterswe86 posted...
superziro posted...

it would be hard to compare it to healing, but why is melee dps tougher than tanking? just avoiding dmg?

Because both melee dps classes require you to flank and be behind enemies at didferent times depending on the combo so yeah i understand that. And tanking as a paladin is down right easy hell tanking on wow is way way harder then here. Idk bout healing though.
#6superziroPosted 10/10/2013 9:56:24 PM
belzyk posted...
peterswe86 posted...
superziro posted...

Because both melee dps classes require you to flank and be behind enemies at didferent times depending on the combo so yeah i understand that. And tanking as a paladin is down right easy hell tanking on wow is way way harder then here. Idk bout healing though.

While i say Melee is the hardest job technically. Healing is probably the most stressful job since so much of a teams success is on their shoulders.
#7BibikiBayBoyPosted 10/10/2013 10:15:54 PM
superziro posted...

Troll account detected
#8TheGaijinPosted 10/10/2013 10:17:32 PM
Don't know what is meant by hard but the most stressful job is surely healer
---
Final Fantasy XIV ARR: Masamune - Legacy Server
#9MindersPosted 10/10/2013 11:16:21 PM
Depends a lot on the rest of the group.

If the entire group is good, no job is really stressful.
If the tank is horribly geared but fairly skilled, probably healer.
If the tank is just plain bad, healer + melee DD.
If the healer is bad, tanking can be a nightmare.
If the DD is unskilled, tanking followed by healing if the tank can't manage to keep them all on him.
If the DD are just slow, no job is really stressful, but it gets really old fast.

Then there's the rare cases where you have unique situations. I had a tank that took almost no damage, kept hate on everything just fine. He was however bored so he kept running in circles and jumping around making my dragoon almost scream in frustration, especially when he complained that me and the monk did so low damage. The healer seemed to be mostly semi-afk as he stood in a corner casting a cure every now and then.
---
"homer the lord only asks for one hour a week" -Marge
"in that case he should have made the week an hour longer..." -Homer (GF)
#10Onimaru00Posted 10/10/2013 11:21:11 PM
Janitors. Do you have any idea how long it takes to wash adventurer blood and tears out of stone and wood? A very long time.
---
"Today, conquer the you of yesterday. Tomorrow, obtain victory over lesser men." ~ Miyamoto Musashi