Played the original. On my 2nd subscription month. Why should I keep playing?

#11maxpowr3Posted 10/13/2013 4:44:58 PM
The fact that you're only level 16 and bored already means MMOs are not for you.

This game's endgame community is one of the worst of the genre only because of the way the content/gearing is designed.
---
Sammed Vitabrit - Summoner on Excalibur
#12firstbornnycPosted 10/13/2013 4:52:03 PM
Xsquader posted...
bknight posted...
If you need strangers on a board to give you reasons to keep playing a game that's 2 months old, it's probably time to quit.

You can always come back when they start merging servers in a few years, lots of content will be available then.

Umm I owned the original. The game isn't really 2 months old but I was asking people who have probably reached higher levels than myself on a GAMING board dedicated to said game. I just wanted opinions.

sounds like you want people to convince you to keep playing a game you are already playing which is odd, you already know if you are enjoying the game or not, if you are keep playing, if you are not quit.
#13Xsquader(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 6:16:03 PM
firstbornnyc posted...
Xsquader posted...
bknight posted...
If you need strangers on a board to give you reasons to keep playing a game that's 2 months old, it's probably time to quit.

You can always come back when they start merging servers in a few years, lots of content will be available then.

Umm I owned the original. The game isn't really 2 months old but I was asking people who have probably reached higher levels than myself on a GAMING board dedicated to said game. I just wanted opinions.

sounds like you want people to convince you to keep playing a game you are already playing which is odd, you already know if you are enjoying the game or not, if you are keep playing, if you are not quit.

Well in WoW level 16 and level 90 (formerly leverl whatever I have been playing since vanilla) are two different monsters and that's mainly what I was asking in this topic. People who are familiar with the high level gameplay as opposed to early gameplay.
---
http://xsquader.servebeer.com <----- GameFAQs Community Social Chat
#14Xsquader(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 6:17:05 PM
maxpowr3 posted...
The fact that you're only level 16 and bored already means MMOs are not for you.

This game's endgame community is one of the worst of the genre only because of the way the content/gearing is designed.

I was bored all the way to 60 in vanilla WoW then started enjoying myself when I started raiding. This makes your point moot.
---
http://xsquader.servebeer.com <----- GameFAQs Community Social Chat
#15LordBowserPosted 10/18/2013 10:12:13 PM(edited)
Why should I keep playing?

I'm not trying to be rude, but you'll need to figure this out yourself. There is a ton to do in this game, especially at lower levels. If you are not immediately drawn into the game, it's probably not for you. Hell, MMORPGs in general may not be.

Not only are you the only person that can answer this question for yourself -- and I mean this with all due respect, but -- why should we want you to keep playing? What do we gain by making complex arguments for you to stay when you don't really seem all that interested in looking up the plethora of resources already available, let alone just opening your eyes to the diverse gameplay this game readily offers?

Again, if you have to ask this question about any game, it's probably either time to take a break or time to move on.

My two coins...
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#16Bagel_BearPosted 10/19/2013 6:05:25 AM
Xsquader posted...
The game isn't really 2 months old

I don't know why people say this.
---
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/3/Bagel_Bear.png
#17Kyoshiro12345Posted 10/19/2013 6:32:28 AM
Xsquader posted...
bknight posted...

er.. you do know that the forst cutscene of this game follows the ending of the original FF14 back a few years ago right? that there are actually story missions that were taking out and a lot more were added, so if you are basing in the "is the same 3 years old game" you are wrong, if you are talking about same as legacy would prob make more sense, but not as 1.0.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#18Piggins12Posted 10/19/2013 8:42:47 AM
maxpowr3 posted...

^^^^^ This, everyone is bored and cranky from running the same stuff over and over again, they just want to get it over with as fast as possible. If you want to get the game over with as fast as possible are you really having fun?

I wonder how much fun everyone is really having, the first group of people rushed to fifty ASAP and now are trying to rush to bahamuts coil and seem to be the first group of people to then complain they have nothing to do.
#19Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 10/19/2013 8:50:31 AM
I've grinded AK and CM at least 30 each and I'm still having a blast. titan battles with your FC is too fun
---
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs.
#20LordrvPosted 10/19/2013 11:11:58 AM
You shouldn't. SE has only 1 hr of end game content a week, and they are committed to only adding one more hour of content every 6 months. This game is a disaster from a hardcore player's perspective. If you only play 30 minutes a week anyway, I'm sure you'll have a blast though!
For hardcore MMO fans, this game is WAY, WAY WORSE than even the original release.