Dark Souls is difficult, Super Meat Boy is difficult. FFXI was not difficult.

#1luigi33Posted 10/15/2013 6:30:11 AM
Stop confusing tediousness, extremely long investment times with difficulty.

K thx
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]
Steam ID: xcyper33
#2meiyukiPosted 10/15/2013 6:31:39 AM
obviously never played ffxi.
#3SedatedPosted 10/15/2013 6:33:20 AM
luigi33 posted...

K thx

---
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.
#4UrsavusPosted 10/15/2013 6:34:45 AM
Sedated posted...
luigi33 posted...

K thx

---
Nope.
#5Apl_JPosted 10/15/2013 6:35:38 AM
There's many kinds of difficulty. Hell, working out isn't exactly complicated, nor does it require the knee-jerk reflexes of Call of Duty or Meatboy, but its still difficult for some people.
---
RIP GDMag, you made my career a reality. (1994-2013)
Currently Playing: Dragon's Crown, FFXIV, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#6RionWildfirePosted 10/15/2013 6:37:46 AM
The challenge is in staying awake long enough to get to any content that's considered fun.
#7acangialPosted 10/15/2013 6:39:43 AM
Look, I am one of the biggest Dark Souls on the planet. To me it's the greatest accomplishment in video game history and by a large margin.

With that said, I didn't feel that Dark Souls was one of the hardest games I ever played. Ninja Gaiden - that was hard and a serious way - but was also deliciously great to spend time mastering it.
---
i5-3570K, GTX660 2GB, ASRock Z77 EXTRM4, CV 8GB DDR, Samsung 840 120GB, WD Caviar Blk 1T, XFX PRO750W, CM HAF 922, CM Hyp 212 EVO, Razor Nostromo
#8firstbornnycPosted 10/15/2013 6:40:34 AM
difficult means different things to different people, a person could argue that super meat boy is simple trial and error play the same level enough times and you are bound to beat it, i have seen a 7 year old play super meat boy really well. put that same kid in front of FFXI and tell him to function in a party you may not get the same results.
#9SedatedPosted 10/15/2013 6:46:04 AM
firstbornnyc posted...
difficult means different things to different people, a person could argue that super meat boy is simple trial and error play the same level enough times and you are bound to beat it, i have seen a 7 year old play super meat boy really well. put that same kid in front of FFXI and tell him to function in a party you may not get the same results.

He could like... totally face the wrong way and not be able to auto attack?

I used to play PS2 while in EXP groups in XI, it was mindless. Only class that couldn't really do this was like NIN, just cause you had to pay attention slightly and be able to count to 3...so hard.

Seriously, you sound ridiculous.
---
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.
#10meiyukiPosted 10/15/2013 6:46:24 AM
firstbornnyc posted...

The problem is people like the TC ignore the things they don't like while promoting the things they do. Anything given enough practice becomes relatively trivial. Someone who is skilled in a field makes it look easy.

With that being said the people like the TC who think if all you did is take ff14 and increase the time to cap to equal ffxi it'd be the same difficulty are idiots. There are systems in that game that make it noticeably harder than other mmos and time is not the sole factor. These idiots who played the game for about 10 minutes just say that to make themselves feel better.