Job/Class system is completely broken for anyone interested in endgame content

#1machetemanPosted 10/18/2013 11:34:08 AM
What if I want to do Coil with two different classes? If I already did Coil on my PLD, I'm not even able to experience it on my WHM?

What's the point of allowing one character to be every class/job, if I'm only allowed to experience end-game content with ONE JOB?

So I spend all my tomes on getting new gear for my "alt" Job, and I would like to try my hand at healing in Coil. Ooops, already tanked it on my PLD, looks like my WHM is never going to see any sort of endgame content!
#2LadyShizanPosted 10/18/2013 11:35:36 AM
Wait Coil is a one time dungeon if you finish it? That is pretty stupid
---
Official "Faris" of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Boards
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l162/Cey-chan/Fantasy/Butz__Faris.jpg
#3redialedPosted 10/18/2013 11:41:04 AM
huh?
#4pauIiePosted 10/18/2013 11:41:57 AM
you can do coil on more than one job where the hell are you getting this from
---
http://i.imgur.com/O5APL.jpg
http://www.last.fm/user/jaeganja
#5GiruetPosted 10/18/2013 11:41:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6zodiacsoulPosted 10/18/2013 11:48:42 AM(edited)
Yea i'm pretty sure he hasn't done coil before...

EDIT:
Oh you mean the lockout, yea that does suck. But you can always just do coil on your WHM for a week to try it out.
#7DamageDealerzPosted 10/18/2013 11:45:19 AM
For a game whose selling point is being able to play all jobs on one character, the restriction of tomes across all classes and end game raids sharing the same lock out across all jobs is a hinderance to the future if the game.
---
5/18/09 First_Prototype, 1/8/08 Hyperteen, 10/5/10 jayyedX, 3/7/11 Julian___Maze, 4/5/12 lukestarkiller4, all lost account bets and followed through
#8KaiserWarriorPosted 10/18/2013 11:48:25 AM
Have one of your other players gear up a tanking job, and switch spots with them.

You don't get to do Coil twice in a week. That's just how lockouts work, and the same way they work in nearly every modern MMO. You can always make a second character if you really want to do it twice, but any single character only gets one shot at gear per week. It's up to you which job you take that opportunity as.
#9macheteman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 11:51:02 AM
what do you mean "you can do Coil with more than one class"?

If I were to somehow finish Coil with my PLD, there is NO WAY for me to go back and do it on my WHM during that week.

How is this not "locking out" my other Job?
#10macheteman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 11:52:39 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...
Have one of your other players gear up a tanking job, and switch spots with them.

You don't get to do Coil twice in a week. That's just how lockouts work, and the same way they work in nearly every modern MMO. You can always make a second character if you really want to do it twice, but any single character only gets one shot at gear per week. It's up to you which job you take that opportunity as.

why should I make a new character?

the whole point of the job/class system is so I dont need to level new characters...