Suspicious Rose Gold Undercutting...

#1CaptainGordonPosted 10/22/2013 2:51:17 AM
Rose Gold Circlets need 18 peacock ores to make. Peacock Ore can typically be bought for around 45000 - 60000 a piece. And only the top few ores on the board are on the lower end; after about 6 or 7 down the list, they even out at 60K.

Yet, someone on my server decided to put a HQ Rose Gold Circlet on the market board for 750,000 gil. So, in order to break even, he/she must have paid less than 41666 per Peacock ore, and that's not taking into account any clusters or gold ore, or the 5% tax reduction in their earnings.

It wouldn't be so bad if that was the only case, yet the same person has simultaneously put up items on virtually all the level 70 goldsmith crafts. Rose Gold Ear Cuffs for 950000, A Rose Gold Ring for 925000, Astral Choker 880000. Astrolabe 780000. All this appeared overnight.

How can this person afford to make this stuff so cheap and still make money? Where did they get all the ore from?

I checked their lodestone account for clues.

- Their highest level disciple of war is only level 18, so they haven't got the materials through dungeon runs.
- They aren't in a free company, so aren't taking resources from the company chest
- They only have level 50 Leatherworker and Goldsmith. They cant use Hasty touch or Byregots Blessing, which makes me wonder how they got so many HQ items without failing too...

I'm pretty stumped to be honest. Is their an Eorzea market regulator that I can complain too? O_O
---
No one, not even a demon, can deny a man his Pizza Shack Teriyaki Pizza.
#2Boa_NoahPosted 10/22/2013 3:08:57 AM
A market regulator? Like the price police or something?

That aside, there really isn't anything that they're doing that could be reported, for all we know they have a really good friend that is feeding them HQ goldsmith goods, kind of weird but I doubt they just 'spawned' the items in their inventory.
---
PSN: Boa-Noa
Steam: Boa_Noah
#3BicassoPosted 10/22/2013 3:10:35 AM
you can buy tome mats for as low as 23k on my server. they could drop a few mil on em, transfer off, and make a big profit undercutting anyone.

but, it's a really dumb idea. my server is the best one!
---
teehee i bumped this!
#4Max58201Posted 10/22/2013 3:14:49 AM
they go for 30-40k on my server
---
Official Occult Iaito of the Dark Souls board.
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#5DivinewargodPosted 10/22/2013 3:18:09 AM
Bicasso posted...
you can buy tome mats for as low as 23k on my server. they could drop a few mil on em, transfer off, and make a big profit undercutting anyone.

but, it's a really dumb idea. my server is the best one!

Yeah. I was just about to say that items like that are going for 23-25k on my server. It makes me want to transfer and make a bunch of cash.

Dude, 60k roughly per 1 dungeon? Yes please. Prices sound ridiculous on your server. It mustn't have that many players, or active players to be specific on there. May I ask which server you play on?
---
Don't worry Summoner. Sona_Buvelle will protect you.
http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
#6CaptainGordon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 3:20:18 AM
I suspected it might be a server transfer player.

But... the question is, If they were able to buy so much cheap Peacock ore elsewhere, wouldn't it be better for them to sell this ore for 45000+ a piece? There must be some risk of failing to HQ the accessories with the limited cross class skills at their disposal, and good luck trying to profit on normal quality level 70 items...
---
#7BibikiBayBoyPosted 10/22/2013 3:23:07 AM
Guy complains about how other guy can mysteriously undercut his product. News at 10.
#8CaptainGordon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 3:41:02 AM
BibikiBayBoy posted...
Guy complains about how other guy can mysteriously undercut his product. News at 10.

Oh look. Its one of those people who trawls the internet for topics that seem pointless to him, so he can then post about how pointless they are.

Your contribution to internet society is invaluable. I salute you!
---
#9Max58201Posted 10/22/2013 3:42:56 AM
they also could have gotten it themselves

run 10 wp to cap myth tomes thats 1k philo if you already have your relic and DL armor and dont plan anytime soon to cap another class that uses different armor thats all profit
---
Official Occult Iaito of the Dark Souls board.
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#10CaptainGordon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 3:54:47 AM
Max58201 posted...
they also could have gotten it themselves

run 10 wp to cap myth tomes thats 1k philo if you already have your relic and DL armor and dont plan anytime soon to cap another class that uses different armor thats all profit

They are only level 18 in their DoW class, so they could't have got it themselves.

Maybe someone they know is handing the mats to them from their own dungeon runs, but it would still be more profitable for them to sell the ore in its raw form! Sell 18 ores for at least 810000, or make a HQ accessory out of them and sell it for 750000. Not good business strategy!
---