Are there ONLY 2 actual servers? In NA and Japan

#1metallicabandPosted 10/26/2013 12:52:12 PM
So people in Europe and Australia will join servers that are located overseas in NA and suffer from high latency (ping)?

That's pretty damn stupid IMO, even if an MMO doesn't require the fastest response times.

Also, are current servers separate for Euro servers and NA players or are they combined? For example can players connect to the same Shiva server whether they're from NA OR Europe region?
---
MGS3 Foxhound No Equipment - No Camouflage 1:38:45 Speedrun:
http://www.youtube.com/metallicaband
#2ocelot51Posted 10/26/2013 1:47:38 PM
There are a couple dozen actual servers. They are however located in just two data centers, so your point still stands.
---
"It is only [in La Mulana] that we entrust our fate." -Japanese indie developer NIGORO on their love of the art.
#3Jaded_DragonPosted 10/26/2013 1:52:32 PM
There's a hub in Japan and a hub in Canada. The Japan hub handles all traffic for Asia. The Canadian hub handles all traffic from the rest of the world.
---
~ Not changing this until the Madden Franchise has a decent running game!
Started 8/24/2009
#4metallicaband(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 2:01:36 PM
Yeah I meant the actual locations of the servers, I know they'll have a bunch of 'em. It's pretty stupid IMO to only have ones located in Japan and NA. I hope they have plans to add more servers that are located in different regions, specially for Europe and the always screwed Australians.

What about the other question, do NA and EU players join the same servers or do they play on separate servers depending on their SE account region?

This will make a difference for PVP (even though that's not a big deal for ARR, at least for now), NA players will have a pretty big advantage over players that have pretty high latency to the NA servers.
---
MGS3 Foxhound No Equipment - No Camouflage 1:38:45 Speedrun:
http://www.youtube.com/metallicaband
#5Sir WillPosted 10/26/2013 10:49:49 PM
I doubt it. It's a step up from FFXI at least where all the servers were in Japan.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#6dmljrPosted 10/27/2013 12:19:15 AM
metallicaband posted...
What about the other question, do NA and EU players join the same servers or do they play on separate servers depending on their SE account region?
You pick the server when you create a character, no limits where, except if the server is already at max capacity
---
psn id: dmljr xbox360 id : Sword of Dawn Wii: 0186 9165 8762 2178
If sending friend request mention from gamefaqs and board.
#7K4P_LinkPosted 10/27/2013 4:32:31 AM
Well players with this "latency" were able to beat turn 5 so get good.
---
Ever Infinity - PLD/BLM - The Maelstrom (Gilgamesh)
#8opfer_gvPosted 10/27/2013 6:05:53 AM
Australia/New Zealand does not have enough potential MMO players to open up local server. Likely best bet is hoping SE to open SEA server close to Australia.. probably at Singapore.

Another way is get FTTx (Fiber To The x) plan to lower the latency much as possible. Only problem is they are damn expensive and just few places are serviced right now - check out NBN plan for local provider or check out www.nbnco.com.au for coverage if you are interested.
---
Love is fiction.