Coil loot

#1wbm11Posted 10/27/2013 12:59:32 PM
I've never done coil yet but what kind of drops does do you get? if it's armor/weapons, is it really better than the ToM gear you can purchase?
#2SnoicFactorPosted 10/27/2013 1:02:14 PM
ToM is same ilvl.. So they're about the same except for stat allocation. You might get a piece with say parry instead of accuracy. Some Allagan is better, and vice versa. It's obviously more difficult to get.
---
nt
#3OmegaXtremePosted 10/27/2013 1:11:01 PM
It drops the best loots in the game.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/92169-Binding-Coil-of-Bahamut-Loot-Tables
#4DamageDealerzPosted 10/27/2013 1:38:51 PM
OmegaXtreme posted...
It drops the best loots in the game.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/92169-Binding-Coil-of-Bahamut-Loot-Tables

Except this is completely false. As a Scholar most of my BiS gear comes from myth. For other DD's, they may look to Allagan pieces at first to stay accuracy capped before switching to myth to get better gear. The only correct answer is it depends . Learn your class, figure out what the best secondary stat is for you and try to get that piece of gear. You also want to stay hit capped at all times.
---
5/18/09 First_Prototype, 1/8/08 Hyperteen, 10/5/10 jayyedX, 3/7/11 Julian___Maze, 4/5/12 lukestarkiller4, all lost account bets and followed through
#5cirus 7Posted 10/27/2013 3:46:14 PM
myth grear is usuallyslightly better, or just as good as allagan, sometime allagan has better stats, but not usually. the prob with that, it is takes months to get a full myth tome set, due to the weekly cap, and in theory you could get multiple allagan pieces in a single run.

as pld myth body and allagan body are about the same, allagan has acc+ while valor body has det+. im above the acc cap in coil, and should be able to stay at the cap without acc+ on body, so myth body seems technically better. but i cant get myth body this week, even after i cap myth next week in still short 100 tomes short for body. its a minimum or 8 days till i can possibly get myth body, but i could get allagan body tonight if it drops.
---
psn id "rajas".
#6LordrvPosted 10/27/2013 4:22:10 PM
it depends on the job and slot
you need a mix to have bis

for example, for drg body is bis, but feet and head af2 suck compared to allagan
#7NovaLevossidaPosted 10/27/2013 6:10:00 PM
Also, gear prioritization can be very different between multiple jobs in the same role. My paladin, for example, gets free accuracy on the relic sword and can just slap on whatever Coil gear that drops and still be over the ACC cap. My WAR doesn't get ACC on the relic axe and must be a bit more picky about which Coil gear to equip and which myth to upgrade first in order to stay above the ACC cap.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#8NoreniaPosted 10/27/2013 6:56:39 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
Also, gear prioritization can be very different between multiple jobs in the same role. My paladin, for example, gets free accuracy on the relic sword and can just slap on whatever Coil gear that drops and still be over the ACC cap. My WAR doesn't get ACC on the relic axe and must be a bit more picky about which Coil gear to equip and which myth to upgrade first in order to stay above the ACC cap.

On a note like this- I just got Heavy Allagan Flanchard (feet) this week. Equipping this replaces Heavy Darklight Flanchard, and I lose 47 (?) Accuracy, and I'm left at 457 Accuracy, which people say isn't good enough for the Coils. So, unless I get Valor Cuisses soon (Nope, it'll be another three weeks), I may have to stick with Darklight Flanchard. Of course, if I'm lucky enough to get Heavy Allagan Armor (body), I might be able to switch my Valor Surcoat out for that until I have other accuracy gear that Valor becomes more desirable.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/Sonerradu/Tao.gif
#9NovaLevossidaPosted 10/27/2013 7:35:10 PM
Norenia posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

On a note like this- I just got Heavy Allagan Flanchard (feet) this week. Equipping this replaces Heavy Darklight Flanchard, and I lose 47 (?) Accuracy, and I'm left at 457 Accuracy, which people say isn't good enough for the Coils. So, unless I get Valor Cuisses soon (Nope, it'll be another three weeks), I may have to stick with Darklight Flanchard. Of course, if I'm lucky enough to get Heavy Allagan Armor (body), I might be able to switch my Valor Surcoat out for that until I have other accuracy gear that Valor becomes more desirable.

The PLD and myself both have the Allagan body. Feet dropped and I just let him have them instead because he can afford to lose that ACC where I can't (allagan plate belt dropped and I got that instead which is all good). Even if I get the myth feet which have ACC on them and upgrade another piece like gloves or something with myth to get ACC, losing the Darklight legs / feet means I would need to eat food with ACC just to reach that cap again.

I understand that being in different stages of gear progression can make gearing ACC to cap harder, but at the end of the day, the PLD's always going to have a 23 ACC lead on me thanks to the Curtana.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#10ValimerPosted 10/27/2013 9:25:19 PM
Lordrv posted...
it depends on the job and slot
you need a mix to have bis

for example, for drg body is bis, but feet and head af2 suck compared to allagan

They don't "suck" as much as the allagan pieces are marginally better. It's not like you're going to drop a lot if DPS if you have the second best pieces of equipment in the game (barely).
---
Sent from my iPhone.