Is my FC too strict?

#1bluezeroPosted 10/29/2013 6:37:43 AM
Joined these guys because I thought they were laid back. They are, but they keep adding rules.
1. TeamSpeak required
2. Skype suggested
3. Twitter suggested
4. Daily events with forum RSVP required
5. 3 events attended per week required
6. Meet at a certain location in-game now required, or you're counted as absent, even if you did 1-5

I mean...ugh. Making it too difficult.
---
Of all the zeroes, I'm the bluest.
#2easymodexzPosted 10/29/2013 6:38:56 AM
Lol, I'd drop them in a heartbeat.
#3magiseanzzPosted 10/29/2013 6:40:00 AM
This is a game, not a three-credit course with a lab.
#4RickRollomgPosted 10/29/2013 6:50:58 AM(edited)
1. Normal
2. It's whatev
3. Que?
4. Forum RSVP is a little much, but understandable.
5. Normal
6. Understandable since you have to be in Wineport to enter BC.

Not too strict, though it does seem like a ton of work for the hour it takes to clear 1-4.
#5BurgerTime79Posted 10/29/2013 6:40:54 AM
It's not that it's strict, it's that your lifestyle likely doesn't conform to the type of players that they want in their FC. That's not a good or bad thing, it simply is. They seem to be looking for the players who play the game very seriously and have all the time in the world to spare for an MMO.

Just find another FC.
---
Co-host of The Intellivisionaries Podcast
The answer to most questions in FFXIV: DO THE STORY QUESTS!!!
#6DestinPosted 10/29/2013 6:40:55 AM
awful
---
Destin the Valiant
#7BingSanpaoPosted 10/29/2013 6:43:51 AM
FF XIV is serious business.
#8bluezero(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 6:43:57 AM

6. Understandable since you have to be in Wineport to enter BC.

Did not know this, but only 8 of our people are in Coil so far. Makes sense for Coil nights. The requirement is for everyone.
---
Of all the zeroes, I'm the bluest.
#9Nero311Posted 10/29/2013 6:46:27 AM
Im ok with this, it takes some organisation to get thru coil, cant just go willy nilly and hope to make it to turn 5. My static group also has food and potion requirements. May seem like the fc has a stick up its butt but we went thru turns 1-3 in 2 hours, use to take days to do
---
PSN: Nero1209 (Check your link, mine was for someone else)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2179785/
#10IsiliaPosted 10/29/2013 6:47:35 AM
I can understand some of those rules for endgame raiding activities. They show the difference between people who can commit to a schedule and those who just are too busy in life to commit. The last sentence isn't an insult. I do not have the time in my life for a scheduled raid environment myself.

In XI, we'd meet at 830 in Jeuno to start VW at 9. After 9, you'd be marked as partial attendance unless we had not left or you warned us ahead of time. Overall, we were still pretty lax with that rule and ended up starting things as far as an hour late.

Teamspeak and schedules on forums are nothing really outrageous. It just gives you more organization. Twitter is still kinda baffling.

Raiding is a second job for some people. If you don't like that environment, then leave the FC. There are social/relaxing FCs out there. Mine doesn't even organize events. We just help each other out as we log in. No set times. Can't do it anyway thanks to my job. Hours are too erratic.