Planned Changes to Warrior in Patch 2.1

#1OnikyuubiPosted 11/20/2013 7:55:24 AM
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/113472-Warrior-buff-in-2.1-not-what-we-are-expecting?p=1578531#post1578531

Now we can finally start using our wrath o.o
I like.
Not everything, but the majority of it is pretty positive.
---
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKuRTQAvV4
#2Apl_JPosted 11/20/2013 8:09:40 AM
All of my yes.
---
RIP GDMag, you made my career a reality. (1994-2013)
Currently Playing: Dragon's Crown, FFXIV, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#3IsiliaPosted 11/20/2013 8:24:32 AM(edited)
I love the first reply.

I do like the changes.

- Wrath is usable now. Never will have to sit on the stacks

- Holmgang is now an "OH #%!" button

- Vengeance is now sentinel

- Inner beast's damage got nerfed, but it offers a rampart style buff

- Steel Cyclone might be the best AoE hate move now

- Thrill of battle is just a general improvement. No complaints.

Overall, I don't think this makes them more powerful than PLD. WAR still doesn't get a static 20% damage reduction. Good warriors were sitting on the wrath stacks so the 20% healing bonus moved isn't that much of a change. PLD still has the better stun/silence utility.

What may be a good idea now at a start of a pull:

Infuriate -> steel cyclone -> Butcher's rotation (WP Speedruns)

Steel cyclone -> Infuriate -> inner beast (Any other pulls for damage reduction)

PLDs will still have overall damage mitigation and easier play, but WAR will reward players who can switch their combos around and use wrath efficiently. Get here soon, 2.1.
#4Jiga35Posted 11/20/2013 8:19:35 AM
While I cannot comment on WAR changes as I have yet to play one, I did want to say that I read all of the posts from Yoshida, and I found them to be extremely interesting, and now I am dying for the patch!

I have to say, the gentleman is of very high intelligence and considers things related to this game in a very detailed and logical manner. I have a lot of respect for him.
---
Goodbye, beloved friend. One day soon, I will see you again.
#5ChronuxPosted 11/20/2013 8:19:53 AM
No, these changes are BS. War can already clear all of coil.

War are NOT supposed to be dmg reduction tanks..

they are getting buffed in every way possible, and with these buffs, they now exceed a PLD.

They better not implement all these changes or change them significantly
#6Jiga35Posted 11/20/2013 8:25:41 AM
Chronux posted...

they are getting buffed in every way possible, and with these buffs, they now exceed a PLD.

Lol, or what?
---
Goodbye, beloved friend. One day soon, I will see you again.
#7IsiliaPosted 11/20/2013 8:28:24 AM
Chronux posted...

They won't exceed PLD in utility. Stun/Silence utility is still a huge bonus PLDs get. PLDs will have, overall, higher damage reduction than WAR still (if not by much). PLD is going to be easier to play as well. People who can't/won't balance rotations should stay on PLD.

I wish they went more blood tank than damage mitigation, but all these buffs aren't set in stone either. The feedback they are getting by the number crunchers below may sway their opinions in the other direction back.

If anything, I think it puts them on the same playing field at least. Instead of the WAR roaming in the backyard hoping someone calls them.
#8Apl_JPosted 11/20/2013 8:28:42 AM
Just for those allergic to links:

Marauder Changes
Brutal Swing
- Recast time will be reduced from 30 to 20 seconds, increasing the frequency with which players can stun foes.
Overpower
- Enmity generated by this skill has been increased.
Storm's Eye
- TP cost will be reduced from 70 to 60.
Storm's Path
- TP cost will be reduced from 90 to 60.
- This skill will also reduce damage dealt by enemies for a period of time.
Holmgang
- Range will be increased from 3 yalms to 6, to make the skill more effective.
- This skill will now pull enemies toward your character.
- When using this skill, a player's HP cannot be reduced lower than 1.
- The animation for this skill will be revised. (See screenshot above)
Vengeance
- This skill will also reduce damage taken by 30%.
Mercy Stroke
- Recast time will be reduced from 60 to 40 seconds, improving ease of use.
Thrill of Battle
- Effect duration will be extended from 10 to 20 seconds.

Warrior Changes
Defiance
- Enmity generated by this skill will be increased.
- This skill will also increase HP recovery via curing magic by 20%.
Wrath
- The improved healing effect granted by Wrath will be removed. Instead, the improved healing effect will be granted by Defiance.
Inner Beast
- Due to overall balance changes, HP absorbed by damage dealt will be reduced from 300% to 100%
- Damage taken will be reduced by 20% for 6 seconds.
Steel Cyclone
- This skill will generate increased enmity.
Unchained
- Recast time will be reduced from 180 to 120 seconds, improving ease of use.

===

Key points, in my opinion, are that Overpower and Steel Cyclone are getting even more threat, plus another flat threat bonus from Defiance. Goodbye Flash, and good riddance. Depending on how much threat those three now give, we might even be able to give up the Butcher's Block combo completely against groups, seeing that the Maim combo is receiving HUGE buffs. TP in general seems like it'll be much less of an issue, and Storm's Path is not only useful, but will probably be very important to upkeep.

Holmgang is getting a Mortal Kombat Scorpion effect, as well as doubling as Warrior's own (albeit weaker) Hallowed Ground.

PLD still has the advantage of popping CDs at will, however. While these buffs are great, they're still tied to combos. Upkeep needs to be juggled with enmity management, so WARs can still find themselves stuck getting threat rather than buffing up. At a glance, I definitely like these buffs. WARs still retain their niche as offensive tanks, but rather than focusing on restoring HP, they get stronger as they fight.
---
RIP GDMag, you made my career a reality. (1994-2013)
Currently Playing: Dragon's Crown, FFXIV, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#9ShadosAtPhoenixPosted 11/20/2013 8:31:18 AM
All classes are going to get some balance changes. Its possible some of these changes are in line with changes that are being made to paladins too.

That said...holy crap. Warriors were only slightly below paladins, and only for very specific fights (WP speed run, Coil 1's last boss, last couple of % of the fight, Coil 4 and 5). For most things they were matched quite well... add all of this? Holy cow.

Especially the threat generation, expect Paladins to have similar adjustments. People were crying they had to actually be careful with enmity in this game as opposed to one that shall not be named...they probably obliged.
#10AlastreonPosted 11/20/2013 8:50:53 AM
ShadosAtPhoenix posted...
All classes are going to get some balance changes. Its possible some of these changes are in line with changes that are being made to paladins too.

That said...holy crap. Warriors were only slightly below paladins, and only for very specific fights (WP speed run, Coil 1's last boss, last couple of % of the fight, Coil 4 and 5). For most things they were matched quite well... add all of this? Holy cow.

Especially the threat generation, expect Paladins to have similar adjustments. People were crying they had to actually be careful with enmity in this game as opposed to one that shall not be named...they probably obliged.

Slightly?
All being a Warrior got you,was making your healer's life harder,they give nothing useful except slashing resistance,and that only helps tanks damage,not the most useful buff,I don't really think you've ever looked at or played Warrior if you think it's slightly.

That said I know it's possible to complete everything with a Warrior,but there is no actual reason,a little more then slightly.
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1177-6984-9180