Hilarious Rage Quit

#1Noonan25Posted 11/21/2013 6:43:38 AM
I was running DD last night for the twin adlers mission. About half way through, after a few loot chests the SMN said "I never win any of the loot!" and rage quit. I don't remember his specifics but he was at least level 44 being in DD and at most one full level away from AF pieces. Why the hell does he care about some Atherial crap gear? The tank and I were dumbfounded. The boss loot to that point weren't for mage classes so I can't imagine he was talking about those. Luckily, he was a dime-a-dozen DPS and we had a BLM joined and running towards us before we fully grasped what had just happened. I had never seen anything like it.
---
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4316154/
#2IsiliaPosted 11/21/2013 6:51:53 AM
If it was their first job, they may not have known that AF was just next level. He just hurt himself, really, because now he has to wait a ridiculous amount of time to get back into the dungeon. Optional dungeons can be hell for DPS to get into.

Had two WHMs leave after the first treasure box in Hatatali last night. Both times, we were able to complete the dungeon without them. Not sure why people do this. Has to be a more efficient way to get your gear.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JFYhdtk.gif
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2937700/
#3firstbornnycPosted 11/21/2013 6:55:57 AM
doesnt DD drop Tomestones also? its not like he would be leaving the run empty handed.
#4Noonan25(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2013 6:57:50 AM
Sure does. Took me a few months to get to this point but I'm finally gathering some.
---
#5bluezeroPosted 11/21/2013 7:54:57 AM
I was lied to. That was not hilarious.
---
Of all the zeroes, I'm the bluest.
#6HimuraKenshinXPosted 11/21/2013 9:57:57 AM
Noonan25 posted...
I was running DD last night for the twin adlers mission. About half way through, after a few loot chests the SMN said "I never win any of the loot!" and rage quit. I don't remember his specifics but he was at least level 44 being in DD and at most one full level away from AF pieces. Why the hell does he care about some Atherial crap gear? The tank and I were dumbfounded. The boss loot to that point weren't for mage classes so I can't imagine he was talking about those. Luckily, he was a dime-a-dozen DPS and we had a BLM joined and running towards us before we fully grasped what had just happened. I had never seen anything like it.

I've had this happen before as well. I was in a Qarn group. The group was average, at best. A couple wipes before beating the first and second bosses, healer zoned out a few times, nobody was above or at the dungeon level cap, etc. In the pull after the second boss, the healer got mad at a DPS for getting the robe out of the Qarn Facer chest. The healer didn't leave the instance, though. Just refused to do anything at all. DPS and healer fought for awhile and the healer just went silent. We did a few more pulls without him, at which point he began to run ahead and train mobs on us. By this point, there was about 20-something minutes left on the timer do to everything and nobody wanted to suck up the penalty just so the healer could requeue right away... we ended up waiting out the dungeon running from mobs for 20 minutes. That healer was the first player I ever ran into that made me wish for a duty finder blacklist.
#7Noonan25(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2013 10:44:42 AM
That's terrible. Reminds me of a tank I ran across very early on; either Toto or Copperbell. He refused to move because the Archanist had a pet out. Wouldn't to anything and we couldn't kick him. I was worried that I'd run across that crap all the time since it was on the 3rd or 4th dungeon I had run. Luckily, that behavior seems to be the minority.
---
#8magiseanzzPosted 11/21/2013 12:29:55 PM
Isilia posted...
If it was their first job, they may not have known that AF was just next level. He just hurt himself, really, because now he has to wait a ridiculous amount of time to get back into the dungeon. Optional dungeons can be hell for DPS to get into.

Had two WHMs leave after the first treasure box in Hatatali last night. Both times, we were able to complete the dungeon without them. Not sure why people do this. Has to be a more efficient way to get your gear.

This happened to me as well when I was leveling up black mage for Swiftcast. I am not sure if there is a kill for the GC log that they need that gets satisfied after the first boss and they feel it's just "appropriate" to do that. That irritates me.

Was in another dungeon last night and I asked the black mage to put things to sleep and he said there was no point. I proceeded to tell him there was a point to crowd control and he then told me that "This is how I play. Deal with it." The other two in the group were friends of mine, so I then stopped healing and we all left him since we didn't feel like running the rest of the dungeon with someone who was hostile for no apparent reason.

I don't understand the unnecessary hostility, but I know it's futile to try to figure it out. :)