What is the Summoner rotation ? ?

#11ArcDerekPosted 12/2/2013 11:16:29 AM
VobeDarkElf posted...
As a very experienced Summoner, I disagree with all of the above...

...proceeds to reiterate what has already been posted.
---
PSN: HereticD
Currently Playing: FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen, The Last of Us
#12Max58201Posted 12/2/2013 11:18:06 AM
if its just 1 mob bio2-miasma-bio-fester-Contagion-shadow flare-thunder-ruin-ruin-fester-bio-miasma-bio2-shadow flare-Fester

if you have raging strikes available RS-Swift Cast-Bio2-Miasma-Bio-Fester-Shadow Flare-Thunder-ruin-ruin-Fester-Contagion

this will allow 2 Raging Strike Festers

if its multiple mobs

Shadow Flare-Thunder-Bio2-Miasma-Bio-Contagion-Bane-Miasma2-Fester

you can either put thunder before or after your Bane rotation before so its affected by contagion and do more dps to that one mob or after so you get your Bane off quicker but honestly I think the thunder would be better unless you are doing speed runs
---
Official Occult Iaito of the Dark Souls board.
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#13Max58201Posted 12/2/2013 11:18:59 AM
ArcDerek posted...
VobeDarkElf posted...
As a very experienced Summoner, I disagree with all of the above...

...proceeds to reiterate what has already been posted.

ignore him when someone begins with this it means they think everyone posting isnt experienced and they are better then everyone else
---
Official Occult Iaito of the Dark Souls board.
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#14ULokiPosted 12/2/2013 11:32:27 AM
junctx_materia posted...
Fester for burst damage is great. When I Bane the Adds on bosses, then hitting one with fester can knock off hundreds from it (913 has been my max so far).

Shadowflare to start is great, then rotate the Bio2, Mia 1, thunder, then bio 1 and use Garuda-egi for contagion. then you have another 15 seconds to cast whatever else.

I got 900+ damage from fester too fighting Titan HM. Kinda happy when I saw that haha
#15junctx_materiaPosted 12/2/2013 11:41:33 AM
I read that, too. He posted the same stuff again after he disagreed with it. LOL Maybe it matters HOW you hit the buttons!?
#16ryudo500(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 11:52:51 AM
Shadow flare > Bio II > Miasma > Bio > thunder/ fester > contagion> ruin, 15sec of downtime then rinse and repeat

so this is pretty good right?
---
squaresoft NEVER FORGET
LAKERS & SPURS
#17chicostickPosted 12/2/2013 2:04:34 PM
Not to derail the thread but I was looking over the Summoner skills. It feels like you're just an upgraded Arcanist w/ some THM skills (Thunder).

I was expecting more "Summoning" type skills tbh.
#18ULokiPosted 12/2/2013 2:10:59 PM
chicostick posted...
Not to derail the thread but I was looking over the Summoner skills. It feels like you're just an upgraded Arcanist w/ some THM skills (Thunder).

You do have Rouse + Spur + Enkindle for pet as well as the all useful Contagion(sp?). Your pet does pretty good damage tbh...
#19chicostickPosted 12/2/2013 2:21:43 PM
ULoki posted...
chicostick posted...

You do have Rouse + Spur + Enkindle for pet as well as the all useful Contagion(sp?). Your pet does pretty good damage tbh...

That's true. I guess I was expecting Summoners to summon Aeons/Eidolons, turns out they are the bosses in this game lol.
#20hippiecritePosted 12/2/2013 3:08:15 PM
ryudo500 posted...
Shadow flare > Bio II > Miasma > Bio > thunder/ fester > contagion> ruin, 15sec of downtime then rinse and repeat

so this is pretty good right?

You need to take Archer up to level 4 to get Raging Strikes. It grants you a 20% bonus to your DPS for the 20 seconds it's active. It's an absolutely essential cross class skill for SMN.

I'd also highly recommend getting Archer to 34 to get Quelling Strikes which reduces the enmity you generate.

I really stand by Shadowflare being your opening when you're dealing with packs of mobs since it's an AoE and will effect all of them or to open on a boss. For individual mobs, open with Bio2 combo simply because between DoTing it up/using Fester and the other DPS doing their thing, it should be dead or close to dead and usually a Ruin will finish it off. Just seems like a waste to me, but to each their own.

Also Fester is after Bio sticks. This way you can get 2 Festers in under one Raging Strikes.
---
FFXIV: ACN (50)/CNJ (35)/THM (35)/ARC (50)/PGL (15)/GLD (16)/MIN (45)/BTN (50)/FSH (50)/ALC (50)/WVR (39)/ARM (15)/CUL (15)/LTW(19)/CPR (15)