What to do as a DPS when you are low on health?

#1TCrinaleTPosted 12/20/2013 4:48:13 AM
Easy. Run as far as you can from your healer, and if you can find a wall to hide so that healer is both not in sight and range, then this strategy works even better.
---
"You stand before the final dimension, and I'm the darkness of eternity"
4313-1007-7697
#2Boa_NoahPosted 12/20/2013 4:55:23 AM
I just spam some physick and wait for the healer to get me, if they don't it's no biggy, not every healer is good enough.
---
PSN: Boa-Noa
Steam: Boa_Noah
#3RionWildfirePosted 12/20/2013 5:17:00 AM
I usually just run into an idle pack of monsters, I mean if I'm about to die, then maybe disengaging and running away with out looking where I'm going will help. Makes perfect sense.
#4WanDiamondPosted 12/20/2013 5:22:46 AM
TCrinaleT posted...
Easy. Run as far as you can from your healer, and if you can find a wall to hide so that healer is both not in sight and range, then this strategy works even better.

Sorry, but you're wrong. What you should actually do is pop all your attack buff CD and attack even more, don't ever stop, who needs a tank when you can dps AND tank? Bonus points for attacking what the tank doesn't have solid aggro on. Commendations guaranteed.
#5TCrinaleT(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 5:36:22 AM
WanDiamond posted...
TCrinaleT posted...

Sorry, but you're wrong. What you should actually do is pop all your attack buff CD and attack even more, don't ever stop, who needs a tank when you can dps AND tank? Bonus points for attacking what the tank doesn't have solid aggro on. Commendations guaranteed.

We make fun of it but the sad story is that all these happen.
---
"You stand before the final dimension, and I'm the darkness of eternity"
4313-1007-7697
#6IsiliaPosted 12/20/2013 5:50:44 AM
Had a BRD stand in the poison in brayflox until he died. Just kept attacking, didn't move, just sat there and kept attacking. Of course, flipped out the minute he died too.

If you have no sense of self preservation, your healers are just going to point and laugh at you rather than heal your worthless ass.

Double points for tanks who can't avoid mechanics if they tried. I can understand being off guard for something like slipstream, but trash AoEs? Seriously? The 4-8s it gave you to move yourself a little to the left wasn't enough? :o

Healers are hardly exempt from this, either. You can't heal anyone else if you're dead ><
---
http://i.imgur.com/JFYhdtk.gif | http://imgur.com/lNDnvAv
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2937700/
#7Fourth_BonkuraPosted 12/20/2013 5:51:50 AM
TCrinaleT posted...

I thought that was the point?

Also if we're in a FATE and not partied up and you must run then run towards me, make it easier for me to click on you, don't yell "heal pls" and run diagonally across my screen.
---
Mount and Blade is a lot like Fire Emblem, except that instead of Lance beating Sword Lance beats everything but Castle.
#8CaptainGordonPosted 12/20/2013 6:14:21 AM
I've found a new tactic to avoid being Gaol trapped by Titan. If you jump off the edge of the arena when the markers appear around you, then the Gaol doesn't get you!

Problem is, you'll probably get kicked for cheating if you try this too often.
---
No one, not even a demon, can deny a man his Pizza Shack Teriyaki Pizza.
#9EnclavePosted 12/20/2013 6:19:05 AM
Fourth_Bonkura posted...
TCrinaleT posted...

Also if we're in a FATE and not partied up and you must run then run towards me, make it easier for me to click on you, don't yell "heal pls" and run diagonally across my screen.

You heal by clicking on your party members models? Really? Don't think you get to complain anymore.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#10MiyuraPosted 12/20/2013 6:49:43 AM
Enclave posted...
Fourth_Bonkura posted...
TCrinaleT posted...

You heal by clicking on your party members models? Really? Don't think you get to complain anymore.

Unless the person in the FATE is not in their party as they have already explained.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV: ARR, SWTOR, MWO and LoZ: ALBW