Don't forget to use Party Finder. It's a great feature

#1kamikaze135Posted 12/23/2013 11:38:27 PM
You're able to specify which roles you want, what kind of players you're looking for, what content you want to run, how you want to run it (story, loot run, etc), specify if you want to do speedruns, and you can set the minimum ilvl for people to join your party.

It's much better to use this than to use Duty Finder because everybody in the party with share a similar interest in terms of how to run the content you want to run. It may take longer since it seems a lot of people aren't aware of it, but start spreading the word so people can actually use it.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#2ShadosAtPhoenixPosted 12/24/2013 12:11:50 AM
They need to make it so that when someone tries to join, it tells you who with a agree/deny button (DDO had that, made things easier, someone would request join, you could then easily send them a tell to talk to them first then decide if you wanted to agree or not).

Aside for that, its a game and community altering feature. Making a group for anything takes minutes now, and you get to know/meet people much easier. Games that have had such features overall had much better communities, in the past.
#3firefoxredPosted 12/24/2013 12:53:16 AM
Perhaps a quest to force to people to "Find a party using party finder" would help a bit. Looking for Garuda EX in PF and shouting, had to tell 3 people how to join only to have them finally join and say "Wow, didn't know!" I guess with most people have hints turned off?
---
PS3: UnknownFoxAlpha
Wii U: UnknownFox
#4MorgasaurusPosted 12/24/2013 3:34:26 AM
Xfasapos Jarpspoeks whispers "Hello everyone please be sure to use the party finder. Thank you that is all. Oh one more thing 100% handwork guaranteed."
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#5buppyspekPosted 12/24/2013 9:49:56 AM
firefoxred posted...
Perhaps a quest to force to people to "Find a party using party finder" would help a bit. Looking for Garuda EX in PF and shouting, had to tell 3 people how to join only to have them finally join and say "Wow, didn't know!" I guess with most people have hints turned off?

I don't have hints turned off, but I didn't even know how to access the party finder until a friend told me last night. The active help window didn't show up until I actually went into my menu and got into the finder. I guess I thought it would be with the duty finder - I didn't think to check the social menu.

But now I now where it is and I plan to use it!
---
Get off my lawn.
#6zodiacsoulPosted 12/24/2013 9:52:55 AM
Its actually great addition, makes it easier for people to get groups for Chimera and Hydra without shout spamming
#7Noonan25Posted 12/24/2013 9:53:34 AM
Morgasaurus posted...
Xfasapos Jarpspoeks whispers "Hello everyone please be sure to use the party finder. Thank you that is all. Oh one more thing 100% handwork guaranteed."

Deliver by Christmas!
---
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4316154/
#8firstbornnycPosted 12/24/2013 10:06:12 AM
firefoxred posted...

this probably wont be a issue as much as the feature is used more and more in the months to come.
#9kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2013 11:52:15 PM
There should indeed be a quest that get people to use Party Finder. Hell, the people that join during the tutorial quest could all be NPCs, lol. It would be just for the purpose of the tutorial.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#10nycguy2Posted 12/25/2013 10:14:11 AM
*bump* This is a great tool that more ppl need to know to do PUG parties.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, Pokemon X/Y, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Psn id: ne0lab1aga. 3DS FC: 3411-0973-0140