What's your "Worst Tank" experience?

#1AGx-07_162Posted 12/30/2013 8:25:40 AM
I have to share this because this guy is easily the worst tank I've ever seen in any MMO ever. The only semi-excusing quality he had was that he was obviously on his first character. However, seeing as how he was Lv32, I cant quite understand how he had no idea how his abilities work or how to tank unless, for some reason, this dungeon (H. Manor) was his very first dungeon.

First of all, throughout his entire time in the dungeon he only used three abilities: Rage of Halone, Rampart, and Flash, the latter of which he didn't start to use until we told him to. He would literally run up to a mob and just spam Rage of Halone on it and ONLY it, leaving the others to go pummel the poor healer and SMN who dared to try and heal the healer. He did this a good 5-6 pulls before we stopped and told him that he needed to use Flash.

So on the next pull he stopped short of aggro, cast Flash, then ran in and proceeded to Rage of Halone one monster again, careful to use Rampart as to not die when he realized we weren't trying to keep him alive any longer.

By the time we'd gotten past the first boss I (LNC) got pissed and just equipped Foresight, Flash, and Provoke and just did the tanking myself. I have a ton of Ether I have nothing else to do with so I'd just spam Flash until I ran out of MP, leave the GLD to take the one that he was spamming on (yeah, he didn't bother to unlock PLD), and then we'd DPS down the remaining ones.

We did that a few pulls before deciding to just kick the guy. We wiped shortly after when the SMN pulled a group at the same time I was trying to pull a different group. We all left shortly after.

Long queue for that BS....
#2AlastreonPosted 12/30/2013 9:22:49 AM
Well,I am a tank,so I've had limited experiences,although there was a PLD in CT who kept trying to provoke everything off of me,and killed himself doing so <..<
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1177-6984-9180
#3ArmaLeyvatenPosted 12/30/2013 9:25:25 AM
You'd think there wouldn't be a worse tank, but try having a tank that doesn't Flash even when told. For every boss he'd pop ALL his cooldowns and then ask if everybody was ready. In the 20 seconds it took for us to respond all his cooldowns would immediately go to waste. Then 20 seconds into the boss he would pop LB with the excuse of "I need the extra defense." After the very FIRST pull I told him that he would be better off using Halone in a combo instead of just spamming it, and his response was, "You wanna tank? No? Then shut up"
#4AlpaIPosted 12/30/2013 9:43:26 AM
Anytime I tank.
---
Troll Pal Strikes Again
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3172350/
#5Yukihana17Posted 12/30/2013 9:47:46 AM
DF WP, PLD insisted on pulling more than 1 group of mobs since me and the other DD were BLMs. He got relic, 5.7k HP, so sure, I thought he could hold a few mobs for us to AoE. Nope, that guy used circle of scorn, flashed then used his single target combo while us BLMs spamming our AoE. Needless to say, the DDs got gangbanged and the WHM quickly followed. We told him to use flash more than once, but he insisted that he'd done WP before doing the same thing he just did. Now I'm not sure if that guy was just plain bad or I got trolled.
#6That_70s_showPosted 12/30/2013 9:48:47 AM(edited)
Just last night I decided to join a Garuda HM pug to quickly cap my Myth (I was like 14 away). The OT had no idea what the hell he was doing. He was standing infront of garuda with the MT, constantly stealing aggro and taunting. Then when I yelled at him to get behind garuda and switch to sword oath, he did so but decided it'd be a good time to pop all his defense cds.

Needless to day he couldn't hold the adds worth crap and all the caster died painfully.
---
I actually don't really like That 70's Show that much anymore.
#7Sidewinder1386Posted 12/30/2013 9:53:54 AM
That_70s_show posted...
Just last night I decided to join a Garuda HM pug to quickly cap my Myth (I was like 14 away). The OT had no idea what the hell he was doing. He was standing infront of garuda with the MT, constantly stealing aggro and taunting. Then when I yelled at him to get behind garuda and switch to sword oath, he did so but decided it'd be a good time to pop all his defense cds.

Needless to day he couldn't hold the adds worth crap and all the caster died painfully.

Must've been a fairly low level run? I'm a BLM and I always tank green since we go solo tank.
---
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: Sidewinder1386
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2768556/
#8kuterPosted 12/30/2013 9:56:42 AM
Tank that doesn't tag are usually a pain to follow, even more when they hit the enemies that the people sleeps.
#9VagrantHigePosted 12/30/2013 10:07:08 AM
For a second I though you may have been in my party last night. Had something very similar happen in HM using Duty Roulette. Our tank didn't flash or use any skills really at all. We got into the first room and he was just doing single attacks on enemies to build hate. No marking, no order, nothing. It was chaos and our healer died due to pulling aggro by healing. Wiped in first room, tank quits.

We decided to just run with three of us while waiting for a new tank (which took about 20 minutes). My bard became the de facto tank and we slept all enemies that weren't the active target. We beat the first boss and were halfway to the second before we got a replacement.

Easily the worst tank I've ever encountered.
#10gotohadesPosted 12/30/2013 10:14:50 AM
My worst tank experience was not having one for an entire dungeon. I was running Tam Tara Deep Croft as my daily and after a few pulls the tank and healer got into a huge arguement and then they both left. So me and the Dragoon are talking and while we waited for a new members I summoned Topaz Carbunkle and said why not try this. We beat the dungeon with Topaz tanking and me healing. We spent like 3 minutes at the end just laughing about the whole thing. He was also on my server so I made a good friend as well.
---
"To roll poorly once may be regarded as misfortune. To roll poorly TWICE looks like carelessness."
3DS Friend Code: Micah 4682-8451-8168