FFXIV, what went wrong?

#1Shatter123Posted 1/24/2014 9:23:28 AM
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/141341-What-went-wrong-Is-it-the-game-or-the-grenre

What do you all think?

Personally I got bored with the constant grind to get gear that half the server already had, that I knew would be replaced with a future patch. I lost interest once I realised that.
#2ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/24/2014 9:30:06 AM
Shatter123 posted...
Personally I got bored with the constant grind to get gear that half the server already had, that I knew would be replaced with a future patch. I lost interest once I realised that.

Welcome to the MMO genre.
#3Shatter123(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2014 9:33:25 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Shatter123 posted...

My last mmo wasn't like that.
#4MetalGenocidePosted 1/24/2014 9:54:34 AM
Shatter123 posted...
Shatter123 posted...

what was your last mmo?
---
3DS Friend Code 0619-4338-7701 Safari - Fighting ; Meditite, Sawk, Riolu - PM me your FC if you add me.
IGN: X- Richter, Y- N/A
#5bluezeroPosted 1/24/2014 9:54:44 AM
Shatter123 posted...
Shatter123 posted...

Yes it was.
---
Of all the zeroes, I'm the bluest.
#6firstbornnycPosted 1/24/2014 9:55:20 AM
Shatter123 posted...
Shatter123 posted...

I would love to know what MMO you played that required no lvl or gear grinding of any type.
#7angermngment101Posted 1/24/2014 10:00:44 AM
firstbornnyc posted...
I would love to know what MMO you played that required no lvl or gear grinding of any type.

I dont think its the level grinding or gear grinding thats the issue... I think its the way it feels to obtain gear, and levels...

I mean before dungeons were a thing, there were.... FATES... Why cant killing difficult mobs in a group be rewarding too?? Oh right... those only exist in fates... The game is quite limited.
---
Gamefax
#8Camel-RiderPosted 1/24/2014 10:05:02 AM
I told you guys people are quitting, no ones listening to me.... "oh no sonny, the game is getting more bigger!"

Right...
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#9ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/24/2014 10:12:24 AM
Camel-Rider posted...
I told you guys people are quitting, no ones listening to me.... "oh no sonny, the game is getting more bigger!"

Right...

Lmao
#10AtzenkillerPosted 1/24/2014 10:15:27 AM
angermngment101 posted...
firstbornnyc posted...

I dont think its the level grinding or gear grinding thats the issue... I think its the way it feels to obtain gear, and levels...

I mean before dungeons were a thing, there were.... FATES... Why cant killing difficult mobs in a group be rewarding too?? Oh right... those only exist in fates... The game is quite limited.

are you talking about fate grinding? yeah, much better than dungeon grinding. killing the same "difficult mob" over and over and over again.

but we have odin and behemoth for that