Hey mouth-breathing melee DPS, guess what LB means....

#1Rebel852Posted 3/10/2014 12:27:22 AM
......IT MEANS LIMIT BREAK NOW, no, not now, RIGHT NOW!

The healers and tanks have like 4 times the responsibility that you do in your typical endgame boss fight, yet you can't be bothered to Limit Break without being told and usually not till someone has scrolled this for about 15 seconds -

LB
LB
LB
LB
LB "Dragoon"!!!

By the time the monk/dragoon gets the thing off 5 players are dead, the boss still has 3% life and it would've just been better to save it for a healer LB3.
#2BibikiBayBoyPosted 3/10/2014 12:31:45 AM
Last Button.
---
http://justpaste.it/ff14arr210review
#3Dunning-KrugerPosted 3/10/2014 12:39:42 AM
But limit breaking is haaaard
#4KaijuuPosted 3/10/2014 12:46:12 AM
Sounds like someone's bitter over a wipe.
---
Nothing's non-fat. That's why the world is going to explode one day.
#5YHWHPosted 3/10/2014 12:50:26 AM
That DPS-tunnel-vision yo!

Same thing regarding a bard, when healers ask for Mage's Ballad. Healers spam chat with <se.#> effects and asking for ballad. Bard continues to dps.

But the deeps!
#6AltimisPosted 3/10/2014 12:53:45 AM
Rebel852 posted...
By the time the monk/dragoon gets the thing off 5 players are dead, the boss still has 3% life and it would've just been better to save it for a healer LB3.

Why would they have survived if the LB went off earlier? It's not like it finished it off. Sounds like those five people need to get their act together.
#7Ubergrim3Posted 3/10/2014 12:56:08 AM
Party chat is bright blue, it's generally easy to notice when people are saying stuff in it, even in the midst of combat. I admit sometimes I don't notice right away that someone has said something, but I've never had people spam to get my attention. Usually I make a habit of glancing at it when I know I can spare a second.

And no, this isn't just a dps problem. More than once I've seen tanks and healers ignore what people are saying in the middle of combat. DPS are just the ones who get called on to LB most of the time.
---
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor! - The Professor
GT: xCOLBY JACKx
#8ShippFFXIPosted 3/10/2014 1:21:33 AM
Rebel852 posted...
......IT MEANS LIMIT BREAK NOW, no, not now, RIGHT NOW!

The healers and tanks have like 4 times the responsibility that you do in your typical endgame boss fight, yet you can't be bothered to Limit Break without being told and usually not till someone has scrolled this for about 15 seconds -

LB
LB
LB
LB
LB "Dragoon"!!!

As dps, I'm less likely to look at party chat than on my healer. I'm typically having to keep track of more things. My tank friends say the same thing about reading it more as tank than dps. Depending on the fight, dps have a lot more responsibility. Titan hm for instance. It really wasn't until 2.1 fights where tanks had to have anything more than a pulse and the ability to not drool on their keyboard.

Other than that, yes, it's annoying when people aren't paying attention to chat if they clearly don't know when to do what on their own.
#9Greg13221Posted 3/10/2014 1:45:41 AM
Sometimes that's the most annoying thing ever. I know when it's safe to limit break, keep it to yourself. I'm not going to kill myself standing there charging a limit break when I know double weights are coming in the next second.

Also on that comment about ballad. I hate when healers call for it during DPS races. And when you ignore them they think you're an idiot. I always get a healer every week calling for it during nails/heart/add phases even though they still have 40% MP to work with and you see them popping shroud the next second.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/x86-_
Currently Playing: FF14 ARR, P4G
#10TCrinaleTPosted 3/10/2014 2:42:26 AM(edited)
As dps, I'm less likely to look at party chat than on my healer. Depending on the fight, dps have a lot more responsibility. Titan hm for instance.

Not sure if troll...
---
"You stand before the final dimension, and I'm the darkness of eternity"
4313-1007-7697