This Echo thing is stupid.

#1PSP_H0mebrewPosted 3/21/2014 4:49:44 AM
Its just the Producers admitting that the community overall sucks at the game and refuse to learn how to dodge and improve their play.

I really liked the challenge, and the satisfaction of doing the hard mode and extreme mode fights with a duty finder/Party Finder group of strangers and winning.

This damn Echo thing is going to turn those fights into "ok guys lets die 5 times in a row every 3 minutes so we get easy mode."

At least I can say I beat all those fights without a handicap.
---
Carey Price is a terrible Goalie. *RTS > MOBA*
http://i.imgur.com/K6UnCYN.gif Montreal Canadiens Fan
#2kamikaze135Posted 3/21/2014 4:51:51 AM
The echo buff is for casuals. It's to let them get through the 2.0 and 2.1 content so they can enjoy the 2.2 battle content. Just make your own PF party and specifically mention that you won't try to aim to get the echo buff if you have a problem with it. That or join a static group that isn't filled with noobs.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#3mrg59Posted 3/21/2014 4:52:12 AM
First, nobody cares about beating yesterday's content. You didn't see people going HEY LOOK I BEAT BLACKWING LAIR GUYS during Pandaria. Beating yesterday's content with today's higher level gear doesn't make you good.

And secondly, nobody is going to join a PF group to waste 15 mins dieing 5 times to start attempts.
#4MrXGamerPosted 3/21/2014 4:53:18 AM
Yes, I would say it definitely wasn't needed for extreme primals. They made extreme versions for a reason, not to babysit the whiners.Even if they had to add echo, 10% would have been enough... but nope, it's a whopping 25% boost for extremes and 30% for coil. This stuff has become easier than HM dungeons.
---
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Crucial m4 SSD | Blu-ray | Win 7 x64
#5TonyWonderPosted 3/21/2014 4:57:21 AM
They should just segregate PC and console players two different data centers. That way the console gamers can have their echo, and the PC gamers can have an actual game.
#6bremenPosted 3/21/2014 5:00:41 AM
I agree its stupid but it's only for OLD content which still means the hardcore players will have a level ABOVE the casuals, it just means that level is always one small step ahead of casuals instead of other MMO's that allow hardcore players to increase the gap endlessly.
---
FFXIV:ARR Profile: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1683429/
#7PSP_H0mebrew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 5:01:04 AM
TonyWonder posted...
They should just segregate PC and console players two different data centers. That way the console gamers can have their echo, and the PC gamers can have an actual game.

This is not the case at all, I helped two ps3 friends beat Titan EX the other night and they never got hit by anything and did good.

Bad players are the problem, not ps3.
---
Carey Price is a terrible Goalie. *RTS > MOBA*
http://i.imgur.com/K6UnCYN.gif Montreal Canadiens Fan
#8TonyWonderPosted 3/21/2014 5:02:28 AM
PSP_H0mebrew posted...
TonyWonder posted...

This is not the case at all, I helped two ps3 friends beat Titan EX the other night and they never got hit by anything and did good.

Bad players mostly come from ps3.

Controller is just a sub-optimal way to play a MMORPG.
#9maxxxximumPosted 3/21/2014 5:54:55 AM
I don't see the problem. It both makes it easier for newer players to quickly get to the up to date content, and lets casual players enjoy the content, while also letting more skilled players still do it without the buff. An easy mode for previous endgame content is a wonderful thing in my opinion. Casuals can enjoy the previous endgame dungeons while hardcores move on to the current endgame content.
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/
#10Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/21/2014 6:01:18 AM
TonyWonder posted...
PSP_H0mebrew posted...
TonyWonder posted...

Bad players mostly come from ps3.

Controller is just a sub-optimal way to play a MMORPG.

1) lol no.
2) You can play on a console with a keyboard/mouse, and on a PC with a controller, and many many players play on P with a controller, so you fail.
3) Controller is perfect for the game. :D
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world