I honestly don't get the hate for the way Atma weapons are being handled.

#1o___OkamiPosted 3/28/2014 8:02:16 AM
Many people asked for a senselessly long grind that relied on low drop rates. I myself manGed to get 3 drops in 4 hours. I've heard of someone thaaat managed to get 6 yesterday. I think it's pretty safe to say that there will be quite a few tryhards with an Atma weapon by the end of the weekend.

I mean yeah, it's luck based so experiences will vary. But if you really don't care for RNG in your RPG then there are other i100/i110/i115 weapons.

Yes, I know, easy to overlook but if mindlessly zerging fates is not for you then just get a different i100+ weapon. There are multiple routes for endgame progression, just like before.
---
They called you exotic. Which is just people talk for awesome. Which you are.
http://i.imgur.com/2DNHw1n.jpg?1
#2XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 3/28/2014 8:04:25 AM
Yeah, I agree, not everything can just be handed to you.

This is an alternative for people who don't want to / can't learn EX Primals or Coil turns.
---
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2239148/
#3boengkoesPosted 3/28/2014 8:04:37 AM
Can you share the way to get those other i100 weapons? How exactly we get the mirror of leviathan and the unidentified allagan tomestones?

Care to share so we can get the said different i100+ weapons? :)

Thanks in advance
#4AkirraPosted 3/28/2014 8:07:47 AM
Pretty sure nobody is sure where to get the mirror just yet.

Maybe a rare drop from Levi Ex (probable)? A drop from one of the later coil turns (doubtful)?
#5IsiliaPosted 3/28/2014 8:08:55 AM
Couple things:

- It's impossible to please everyone

- Terrible drop rates

- Mindless time sink

I've made my stance clear on this on the last topics, but I can see both sides of this argument. I'm not a fan of the way they did it, but it is completely optional. I still plan on doing this on one character at the very least. If it is indeed too obnoxious, I won't do it again. To be honest, after NM hunting in XI, this is a cakewalk in comparison (note: that doesn't make it a good thing). The thing I am dreading is the insane amount of myth tomes needed to start making the weapon better. That coupled with the lower drop rates of myth in comparison to philosophy makes my head hurt.

This is what part of the community asked for. Now it's the other part voicing their discontent.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JFYhdtk.gif | http://imgur.com/lNDnvAv
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2937700/
#6cirus 7Posted 3/28/2014 8:11:24 AM
no one ever asked for anything to be senselessly long, and people definitely didnt ask to have their time wasted on recycled lv capped content.
thats the problem, that instead of making new fights for this questline, that may have been a bit interesting as a change of pace, they have people fighting the same boring fates they we have been bored with for months, many at an absurdly low capped level. i dont want to be capped at lv15 for anything, ever, much less for hours on end. id have grinded some mobs for drops at lv50, but i can barely stand to touch the garbage lv10-15 fates that some of these zones are filled with.
---
psn id "rajas".
#7AkirraPosted 3/28/2014 8:12:52 AM(edited)
Isilia posted...
Couple things:

- Terrible drop rates

- Mindless time sink

I've made my stance clear on this on the last topics, but I can see both sides of this argument. I'm not a fan of the way they did it, but it is completely optional. I still plan on doing this on one character at the very least. If it is indeed too obnoxious, I won't do it again. To be honest, after NM hunting in XI, this is a cakewalk in comparison (note: that doesn't make it a good thing). The thing I am dreading is the insane amount of myth tomes needed to start making the weapon better. That coupled with the lower drop rates of myth in comparison to philosophy makes my head hurt.

This is what part of the community asked for. Now it's the other part voicing their discontent.

Care to elaborate? I was under the impression that it went something like....

Get Zenith Weapon.
Flag Atma Quest.
Get 12 Atma, obtain Atma Weapon.
Flag Animus Quest.
Do Animus Challenge Log(s) (the one with the 4 different tabs?)
Get Animus Weapon?

Edit: or do you just mean the 900 tomes to zenith every relic you want to upgrade maybe?
#8emo_prinnyPosted 3/28/2014 8:13:00 AM
Akirra posted...
Isilia posted...
Couple things:

- Terrible drop rates

- Mindless time sink

Care to elaborate? I was under the impression that it went something like....

Get Zenith Weapon.
Flag Atma Quest.
Get 12 Atma, obtain Atma Weapon.
Flag Animus Quest.
Do Animus Challenge Log(s) (the one with the 4 different tabs?)
Get Animus Weapon?

One book for Animus costs 1500 myth. There's 9 books total so 13,500 myth is needed. Also you can only have one book active at a time.
#9AkirraPosted 3/28/2014 8:15:22 AM
Holllllllllyyy f*** nuts I didn't know that xD

Wow. That....is a lot.
#10tomo012Posted 3/28/2014 8:18:18 AM
o___Okami posted...
Many people asked for a senselessly long grind that relied on low drop rates. I myself manGed to get 3 drops in 4 hours. I've heard of someone thaaat managed to get 6 yesterday. I think it's pretty safe to say that there will be quite a few tryhards with an Atma weapon by the end of the weekend.

Let's see how you feel when you FATE grind for 5+ hours and get nothing. lol