The whole Echo thing is the worst thing I've ever seen added to a MMO before...

#1darkqueenhelbaPosted 3/31/2014 6:47:48 AM
It's insulting to both developers AND the players. You get a bonus for failure. A BONUS!!!!!....for FAILURE!!!!!!!!! Listen, I'm not trying to make waves, but this whole Echo thing is stupid. I mean this is as bad as the Help Guide in the New Mario Bros. games where the game plays itself.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#2NeablisPosted 3/31/2014 6:50:04 AM
echos been in game a long time....like since release pretty much its just been added to harder content.

Honestly its the developers trying to get people through the gated content to new content....its not a bad thing and its led to some pretty comical situations like 15k hp on my warrior for lolz
#3el_tercer_poderPosted 3/31/2014 6:52:24 AM
If you think about it, it's kinda optional in the sense that if you do well (as in, NOT die), then you shouldn't even have the chance to use it.

So I really don't see the issue here; especially for Duty Finder teams that are disorganized most of the time.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#4darkqueenhelba(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 6:55:02 AM
Just that fact its in is bad enough. I bet there are plenty of people out there that die on purpose just to have an easier fight. I just don't think a game should reward you when you're losing. Kind of takes the whole concept of a game out of the picture when you do that.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#5koujimorenoPosted 3/31/2014 6:55:29 AM
There's nothing you can do about it, it's here and not leaving.
#6dragoonzenPosted 3/31/2014 6:56:50 AM
Honestly I am fine with it but do it have to be so much. Stuck on titan ex and even with echo it doesn't help much since bomb, landslide can one shot you. You need to learn the phrase and move and literally play a perfect game. Looking forward to my next attempt. So many wipes so many good hours of practice. Lol. I am ready.
#7bstiffPosted 3/31/2014 7:00:50 AM
koujimoreno posted...
There's nothing you can do about it, it's here and not leaving.

Sure you can. you can right click on it and remove the buff. voila! No echo.
#8hippiecritePosted 3/31/2014 7:06:49 AM
I still don't understand how buffing cure potency and damage output is suddenly going to make people be able to avoid the twisters and divebombs in T5 or not eat a WotL or LS in Titan HM and EX. They aren't changing the mechanics, just buffing your damage/heals if you die a lot. If you're bad, you're still going to be bad until you learn.

Plus like others said, it's optional. My group won't be using it so no harm/no foul.
---
FFXIV: ACN (50)/CNJ (50)/THM (50)/ARC (50)/PGL (38)/GLA (26)/LNC (50)/DoH (50)/DoL (50)
#9agesboyPosted 3/31/2014 7:45:15 AM
hippiecrite posted...
I still don't understand how buffing cure potency and damage output is suddenly going to make people be able to avoid the twisters and divebombs in T5 or not eat a WotL or LS in Titan HM and EX. They aren't changing the mechanics, just buffing your damage/heals if you die a lot. If you're bad, you're still going to be bad until you learn.

Plus like others said, it's optional. My group won't be using it so no harm/no foul.

B-b-but the dirty casuals can have fun in new content now! They're supposed to be stuck on titan forever so I never have to play with them again! :(
---
http://i.imgur.com/LabbRyN.jpg
raytan and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.
#10Jiga35Posted 3/31/2014 7:55:23 AM
It's Sqaure attempt to help the myriad awful players out there, which is probably somewhere around 98% of them.
---
Goodbye, beloved friend. One day soon, I will see you again.