Is this game homosexual friendly?

#1ffxblak12Posted 8/18/2014 4:37:45 PM
Is this game homosexual friendly?
Like If there are weddings can two people of the same sex marry? Are there any openly homosexual characters? Do any of the plot points/jokes bash members of the LGBT community in anyway?
#2Raven_ShikumiPosted 8/18/2014 4:47:29 PM
You will be able to marry who you want when marriage is implemented.

Uhm, not sure what video games you play, but the plot has absolutely zero to do with romantic relationships of any kind.
#3MaurithPosted 8/18/2014 4:50:02 PM
Nothing in the game itself directly opposes it (does anything these days?), but being an MMO of course it's full of players all with their own opinions.

No marriage in game yet but as I understand there will be no restrictions based on the genders of the characters when it comes.

In-game characters, it's never explicitly mentioned, but a handful of characters (main one coming to mind is the master of the Carpenter guild) are strongly implied to be gay.

I can't recall any in-game jokes specifically, but I'm sure they were in there, and inoffensive.
---
Safari: Pansage, Sawsbuck, Quilladin
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/303523 === http://imgur.com/a/QuDs1
#4belzykPosted 8/18/2014 4:53:59 PM
Maurith posted...
Nothing in the game itself directly opposes it (does anything these days?), but being an MMO of course it's full of players all with their own opinions.

No marriage in game yet but as I understand there will be no restrictions based on the genders of the characters when it comes.

In-game characters, it's never explicitly mentioned, but a handful of characters (main one coming to mind is the master of the Carpenter guild) are strongly implied to be gay.

I can't recall any in-game jokes specifically, but I'm sure they were in there, and inoffensive.

my character is a bisexual white mage in her rp. and there are a few characters that are slightly implied to be homosexual
---
Psn: Belzyk
#5jurfi1Posted 8/18/2014 4:54:06 PM
I think Cid is but what would I know....im straight. He just seems like he may be. Matters not to me though.
---
MH3U: Mamlok, FF XIV aRR : Mamlok Deathstriker
#6allan247Posted 8/18/2014 4:55:14 PM
I just got my carpenter to lvl 50 the other day, I may be mistaken but it seemed heavily implied that the carpenter guild master and the commander guy you make weapons for had a thing.
---
USMC 0331, 2/6 Camp Lejeune, NC (Veteran OEF 2010, 2011 Helmand Province)
#7belzykPosted 8/18/2014 4:58:35 PM
allan247 posted...
I just got my carpenter to lvl 50 the other day, I may be mistaken but it seemed heavily implied that the carpenter guild master and the commander guy you make weapons for had a thing.

dont forget the hair guy....is he isnt theres something wrong with me i swear. he can bend over and sexy pose better then i can irl and im a 5'3 woman whos barly 130
---
#8tjhookrPosted 8/18/2014 4:59:40 PM
I think the game itself is neutral. The community seems very unbiased and more about the game and less of politics or people bashing except unless you're a DRG then you've got issues
#9belzykPosted 8/18/2014 5:02:45 PM
tjhookr posted...
I think the game itself is neutral. The community seems very unbiased and more about the game and less of politics or people bashing except unless you're a DRG then you've got issues

till ninja comes out then your fine
---
#10IkariWarriorKHPosted 8/18/2014 5:06:33 PM
There's tons of gays on the game. And a lot of the big FC's are LGBT oriented on certain servers (like Gilgamesh).

The game is very gay friendly and it's pretty rare to run across people who honestly care about whether you're gay or not.

The game also gives male chars JUST as much skimpy clothing as women, which is a rarity in games. So you see guys in briefs dancing around just as much as girls in bikinis.

Gay Marriage will be allowed when marriage comes in a future patch.

And there's some obvious gay NPC's but nothing is ever really officially stated, nor does it really ever matter because no one in Eorzea really cares enough to even have that stuff cross their minds. It's simply a non-issue.
---
"I can control my power.......but, I have no intention of relying upon it." - Leona Heidern.