Is this game homosexual friendly?

#11Ein_SophPosted 8/18/2014 6:13:53 PM
I think I may have joined an FC with a large number of gay people in it. Well, if they're not, they sure love talking about their catboys and whatnot.
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#12xXxSeVenDusTxXxPosted 8/18/2014 6:16:42 PM(edited)
My server (faerie) has one very large LGBT FC, and I know of several smaller ones with a LGBT majority. My own being one of them. So yes, this game, at least on Faerie, is very LGBT friendly, imo.
---
Who Dares Wins.
#13LuminozeroPosted 8/18/2014 6:50:31 PM
I always hate the idea of a LGBT Guild/FC/Whatever. The entire point of the movement is to say that you are no different from anyone else, that you deserve to be treated the same.

Why, then, do people try to make a specific 'Cool Club' for it? You don't need a LGBT friendly FC, you need an FC with decent people who don't judge.

Your sexual preference does not factor into it at all. People are people. We need to stop dividing ourselves into sects.
---
No one ever said 'I wish we had more dragoons.' The devs could have irrefutable proof that dragoons are the worst job and respond with 'working as intended.'
#14xXxSeVenDusTxXxPosted 8/18/2014 7:02:18 PM
I couldn't disagree more. The whole idea of multiculturalism and ignoring our differences is quite misguided in my eyes. Our differences are what define us and make us special. It's an extremely personal decision how you want to define yourself. Take a black Jewish gay woman for example. She can choose to identify with all subcultures or none of them, and that choice is an integral part of how she might want to present herself. It's not our right to control it.
---
Who Dares Wins.
#15Spartan72Posted 8/18/2014 7:31:50 PM
omg i hate people that care about this type of stuff in a video game
#16proudgkPosted 8/18/2014 7:53:15 PM(edited)
Who would know your sexual preference anyway unless you want it known... and the only way for it to be known is by having discussions that don't belong in video games. Who cares what other people think? Are you allowed to think as you will? Everyone else is too.

As for the story, are you serious? JRPGs are notorious for having androgynous characters.

For marriage, I still think it's a stupid idea. Who cares about marriage anymore? Only religious individuals have a reason to marry - a holy sacrament. No one else is bound by such an old-fashioned, out-of-date practice. Is love only attained through a piece of paper? Ah, my bad. Marriage isn't about love but rather benefits.

Lastly, slurs are used to belittle and demean others, but it's rare. It's also a sign of progress as the definition of words are changing - labels are being erased.

The word "gay" once meant happiness. It then became a label for sexual preference. Not it means incredibly lame.

The "f-word" once meant servant. Then became a slur on sexual preference. Now it means ridiculously annoying.

Isn't the whole point of progress to remove labels and dividers? To me, dividers are kept in place to divide and conquer - how would all these human rights organisations continue to make billions of dollars if there were no dividers? And there are plenty of people who continue the front by joining and creating exclusive groups.

Gotta have a group for gay people, a group for straight people, a group for black people, a group for white people, etc... A dam shame that we can't have a group just for people - always labeling; always dividing.
---
PSN: proudgk
#17wowkirinPosted 8/18/2014 7:49:54 PM
Male character models have no private parts. People hate on males playing female characters but males with no junk is what's weird.
#18YoshimotoBananaPosted 8/18/2014 7:54:51 PM
wowkirin posted...
Male character models have no private parts. People hate on males playing female characters but males with no junk is what's weird.

I know, right? My lala's... pharos sirius is nearly non-existent!

That's another issue we surely should tackle: people being uncomfortable about a child-LIKE race of characters getting to... ahem, "know" other races.
---
El que la sigue, la consigue.
#19cheesesammichesPosted 8/18/2014 8:33:58 PM(edited)
The marriage mechanic's name was changed from explicitly being called marriage to being called an "eternal bond" or something like that, because SE didn't want to explicitly support gay marriage, probably because it's not legal in Japan. They had even said previously they only wanted to implement straight marriage at first. So it can be argued whether or not gay marriage is allowed.

"For marriage, I still think it's a stupid idea. Who cares about marriage anymore? Only religious individuals have a reason to marry - a holy sacrament. No one else is bound by such an old-fashioned, out-of-date practice. Is love only attained through a piece of paper? Ah, my bad. Marriage isn't about love but rather benefits. "

For most of human history, marriage wasn't about romantic love. It was for survival and benefits. Of course one would hope you grew to love your spouse, but it wasn't a requirement. Not sure why you believe marriage should be solely for love today.
#20EvelynEvelynPosted 8/18/2014 8:27:25 PM
allan247 posted...
I just got my carpenter to lvl 50 the other day, I may be mistaken but it seemed heavily implied that the carpenter guild master and the commander guy you make weapons for had a thing.

I always had the same assumption I thought it was just me.

Luminozero posted...
I always hate the idea of a LGBT Guild/FC/Whatever. The entire point of the movement is to say that you are no different from anyone else, that you deserve to be treated the same.

Why, then, do people try to make a specific 'Cool Club' for it? You don't need a LGBT friendly FC, you need an FC with decent people who don't judge.

Your sexual preference does not factor into it at all. People are people. We need to stop dividing ourselves into sects.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
I'd rather run with a Free Company that I just enjoy their company doesn't really matter what gender they like is or any other reason.