Is this game homosexual friendly?

#21Raven_ShikumiPosted 8/18/2014 7:27:39 PM
That one person has at least one valid point, that being, who gives a crap who you're attracted to in real life. It's not relevant within the game, it's not something you'd bring up to a bunch of strangers on a game in general, no matter how you identify.

That aside, the TC wasn't asking about the community, they were asking about how the game itself handles the issue.

Which is to say, it doesn't handle the issue, because in the game it's not an issue.

Welcome to Eorzea, leave your real world bull**** hang-ups at the door.
#22Halo05Posted 8/18/2014 7:33:07 PM
Raven_Shikumi posted...
That one person has at least one valid point, that being, who gives a crap who you're attracted to in real life. It's not relevant within the game, it's not something you'd bring up to a bunch of strangers on a game in general, no matter how you identify.

That aside, the TC wasn't asking about the community, they were asking about how the game itself handles the issue.

Which is to say, it doesn't handle the issue, because in the game it's not an issue.

But..but...but...

my oppression defines me because I have no actual content to my person!
---
-10 Magic Defense due to your rejection of Dorian's romantic advances. Try checking your privilege, Warden
Ticking_Death
#23YoshimotoBananaPosted 8/18/2014 7:34:22 PM
Raven_Shikumi posted...

At the same time, "Welcome to Eorzea, where your worst personality traits come to light and you are a blight upon the land that others tread."
---
El que la sigue, la consigue.
#24Raven_ShikumiPosted 8/18/2014 7:38:00 PM
I'm talking about the game's world, not the trash posing as human beings that log in to play there.
#25Holden_McgroinPosted 8/18/2014 7:38:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#26YoshimotoBananaPosted 8/18/2014 7:41:34 PM
Raven_Shikumi posted...
I'm talking about the game's world, not the trash posing as human beings that log in to play there.

At the same time, "Welcome to Eorzea, where your worst personality traits come to light and you are a blight upon the land that others tread."

I'm just swishing your pantaloons at this point.

Have you not read the dialogue those dicksauce NPCs have? it's basically "**** those adventurers! filth!"
---
El que la sigue, la consigue.
#27DualSword31Posted 8/18/2014 8:03:14 PM
Eat da poo poo.
#28TheRPGKeyPosted 8/18/2014 8:10:15 PM
xXxSeVenDusTxXx posted...
I couldn't disagree more. The whole idea of multiculturalism and ignoring our differences is quite misguided in my eyes. Our differences are what define us and make us special. It's an extremely personal decision how you want to define yourself. Take a black Jewish gay woman for example. She can choose to identify with all subcultures or none of them, and that choice is an integral part of how she might want to present herself. It's not our right to control it.

honestly I respect this opinion but I cant understand it. Personally I'll never understand taking pride in race, or heritage. I mean I'm black (well half technically) bit when everyone gets excited about something a black guy does (like obama becoming president) I personally see it no different then if they are any other race.

But thats just me I never really felt they need or desire to associate myself with race or sexual preference to define myself
---
I have no shame
#29vivi21Posted 8/18/2014 8:11:01 PM
As long as you don't hit on me idc what orientation you are.
---
Your mother plays card games in Hell!
#30WRRYYYYersPosted 8/18/2014 8:11:43 PM
Pretty sure I read there was a dude muttering in his sleep how he'd like to be Raubahn's sultana.