Is this game homosexual friendly?

#221HolyKnight199Posted 8/22/2014 8:34:24 PM
Square-Enix Japan hasn't portrayed homosexual characters since the FF7 Wall Market quest, and while I had a good laugh out of it, it was still a 10 minutes slideshow of the worst homosexual stereotypes. Better add a lot of details to what you want if you want to petition Square-Enix to add gay characters and gay marriage... :P
---
Peace!
#222GearsAndFleshPosted 8/22/2014 8:39:49 PM
HolyKnight199 posted...
Square-Enix Japan hasn't portrayed homosexual characters since the FF7 Wall Market quest, and while I had a good laugh out of it, it was still a 10 minutes slideshow of the worst homosexual stereotypes. Better add a lot of details to what you want if you want to petition Square-Enix to add gay characters and gay marriage... :P

http://i.imgur.com/cNhjm7M.png

http://i.imgur.com/tqi43fl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pXNiXVE.png
#223Raven_ShikumiPosted 8/22/2014 9:24:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#224benjjjaminPosted 8/23/2014 4:56:10 AM
Spartan72 posted...
benjjjamin posted...
200 posts of straight white male angst is rather impressive. Half the topic homophobes havent been this uncomfortable since yoshi indicated they may consider flipping on gay marriage.

Is the internet male adolescent's sexual insecurity the easiest troll bait on the planet? Well when you ask a rhetorical that obvious i guess this is not so surprising.

Stop saying gay stop saying my boyfriend. Guys my boyfriend just got here i gotta go.

How ignorant can you be lol.

No one had a problem with homosexuality. It was the stupidity of the question asked. Especially when it's a video game and pretty rare that someone will know who you are based on your character's name. People play the game to escape reality why bring your stupid problems into it?

If anything that's harassment to us

Harassment! Priceless. The gay community is harassing you.

Holy crap.
---
If Square pulls off this reboot of FF14, it'll be the biggest comeback in videogaming since the first Final Fantasy.
#225benjjjaminPosted 8/23/2014 4:57:34 AM
HolyKnight199 posted...

This game has several gay npcs, and gay marriage will be in the game. What game are you playing?
---
If Square pulls off this reboot of FF14, it'll be the biggest comeback in videogaming since the first Final Fantasy.
#226benjjjaminPosted 8/23/2014 5:09:46 AM(edited)
darkqueenhelba posted...
Guilds are meant for players to get together and progress through the game. Whether it's Coil, FC House, expansions, raids, PvP, etc. Keep the "We are the World" crap to yourself. It's FINAL FANTASY. We play to escape reality, have fun, make-believe, w/e. Not to tackle the world's hard issues. Get over yourselves.

So what do you do in a fake world with real homophobic players? Stick your head in the sand and say the homophobia is fake? You tell gay people to stop flashing their IDs but what do you say to all the off color homophobic one liners?

Nothing. Your bias leads you around by the nose.

You all are the world, and that is often depressing.

You havent earned the privilege of not seeing gay people wear their ide tities on their sleeve because if they haven't gotten to the point of equality yet in your real world, they certainly haven't gotten there in a fake one full of adolescent homophobes.

Get over yourself.
---
#227benjjjaminPosted 8/23/2014 5:12:47 AM
Amusing that you all have just gotten to the don't ask don't tell phase of gay history. That only puts you further behind the times than half of you are old. Grats.
---
#228alphame4Posted 8/23/2014 5:22:16 AM
As expected, this thread went places.

Haters gonna hate.
---
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow | Wii U: the-fiend | 3DS: 4296 - 2991 - 9745 | Battle.net: RoboWalrus | XBL: cannon fodderr
#229KaosMKVIIIPosted 8/23/2014 5:27:51 AM(edited)
benjjjamin posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...
Guilds are meant for players to get together and progress through the game. Whether it's Coil, FC House, expansions, raids, PvP, etc. Keep the "We are the World" crap to yourself. It's FINAL FANTASY. We play to escape reality, have fun, make-believe, w/e. Not to tackle the world's hard issues. Get over yourselves.

So what do you do in a fake world with real homophobic players? Stick your head in the sand and say the homophobia is fake? You tell gay people to stop flashing their IDs but what do you say to all the off color homophobic one liners?

Nothing. Your bias leads you around by the nose.

You all are the world, and that is often depressing.

You havent earned the privilege of not seeing gay people wear their ide tities on their sleeve because if they haven't gotten to the point of equality yet in your real world, they certainly haven't gotten there in a fake one full of adolescent homophobes.

Get over yourself.

It's because the honest answer that no one cares what others do in the bedroom isn't an acceptable answer for some reason. The LGBT community has to shove the topic in everyone's face - this allows them to remain "victims" and thus keep the money flowing in. People don't care about sexual preference... they get offended by the way it's forced on them at every possible instance. You keep victims by using the liberal hallmarks of "ignorance" and "bigot" Which upsets people even more and creates division which creates victims - it's all about politics and money. The gay community would be much better off without the liberal activists, but it's not about equality. Look at Ellen. Everyone respects her because she respects everyone else. She's not shoving her preferences onto everyone... she is who she is and that's all that matters. She doesn't force her opinions onto others and doesn't insult people if they have a differing opinion.

---
FFXIV - Aether - Mateus - 50 BLM
People who want to watch this number go up: 0
#230benjjjaminPosted 8/23/2014 5:32:59 AM(edited)
It's not an acceptable answer in a disinhibited community of online adolescent males where homophobia is an undertone in the day to day play time of any gay player, whether you whine about them pushing back or not.

Welcome to the real world, where if you try to repress someone by institution or otherwise, eventually they will push you back.

You wouldn't watch ellen if she were male. Guarantee it. She constantly makes sexual orientation remarks, above that of a non gay host.

Such hypocrisy.
---