Is this game homosexual friendly?

#31AlbinoCrocodilePosted 8/18/2014 8:13:50 PM
It's a video game. No one gives a damn.

Just don't go being the loud and proud sort. Act normal, no one will care at all what you are.

Video games are supposed to be for fun.
---
Would you really take a crocodile seriously?
#32vid_ICARUSPosted 8/18/2014 8:16:18 PM
All four of my IRL friends that play this game are gay. Two of them are tough guys so they like Rogeadyns in the heavy plate mail. The other two are more into the androgynous scene, and there is plenty of revealing armor for guys to wear to satisfy that desire. Square seems to not oppose homosexuality, and the fact that they will be permitting marriage equality even means they are somewhat supportive of the LGBT community. Even if it is just for business reasons. It's something, right?
---
Praise the sun!
PSN: vid_ICARUS, Xbox: vid ICARUS, Steam: vid icarus
#33DualSword31Posted 8/18/2014 8:18:51 PM
Bara is life. Bara is love.
#34KaosMKVIIIPosted 8/18/2014 8:21:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#35singhellotakuPosted 8/18/2014 8:21:54 PM
*rolls eyes*

but yes, it is actually, they did say they'd have gay marriage, and there are a few rather flamboyant characters, which is about all you can ever expect from japan, which isn't particularly gay friendly
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#36Little ZardarPosted 8/18/2014 8:22:54 PM
you must not have oiled down Godbert yet
---
http://i.imgur.com/U1VvEk5.jpg
"My parents were mugged in a dark alley by cosmetic store items." - Jiruru
#37kabutokoujiPosted 8/18/2014 8:27:33 PM
YoshimotoBanana posted...
wowkirin posted...
Male character models have no private parts. People hate on males playing female characters but males with no junk is what's weird.

I know, right? My lala's... pharos sirius is nearly non-existent!

That's another issue we surely should tackle: people being uncomfortable about a child-LIKE race of characters getting to... ahem, "know" other races.

you got something against mid........Ahem,... little people?
---
If the western community is represented by Gamefaqs posters, I pity the west x.x
#38YoshimotoBananaPosted 8/18/2014 8:28:18 PM
kabutokouji posted...
YoshimotoBanana posted...
wowkirin posted...
Male character models have no private parts. People hate on males playing female characters but males with no junk is what's weird.

I know, right? My lala's... pharos sirius is nearly non-existent!

That's another issue we surely should tackle: people being uncomfortable about a child-LIKE race of characters getting to... ahem, "know" other races.

you got something against mid........Ahem,... little people?

I am all for little people, my friend.

That came out wrong.
---
El que la sigue, la consigue.
#39vid_ICARUSPosted 8/18/2014 8:28:20 PM
AlbinoCrocodile posted...

Just don't go being the loud and proud sort. Act normal, no one will care at all what you are.

You're kind of missing the point. Or, rather, you are completely missing the point. One of the key components of playing an MMORPG is being social with other players. Why would anyone want to do that if they couldn't be who they are? Why would any sane individual participate in that activity if they had to be gay on the inside? Or Jewish on the inside? Or black on the inside? That's why so many people feel they have to be "loud and proud." So that everyone gets adjusted to the fact that it's ok do be gay and we can move on to other stuff. You probably didn't intend this, but telling someone who is gay to "just act normal" is actually pretty offensive.
---
Praise the sun!
PSN: vid_ICARUS, Xbox: vid ICARUS, Steam: vid icarus
#40TheRPGKeyPosted 8/18/2014 8:36:16 PM
vid_ICARUS posted...
AlbinoCrocodile posted...

You're kind of missing the point. Or, rather, you are completely missing the point. One of the key components of playing an MMORPG is being social with other players. Why would anyone want to do that if they couldn't be who they are? Why would any sane individual participate in that activity if they had to be gay on the inside? Or Jewish on the inside? Or black on the inside? That's why so many people feel they have to be "loud and proud." So that everyone gets adjusted to the fact that it's ok do be gay and we can move on to other stuff. You probably didn't intend this, but telling someone who is gay to "just act normal" is actually pretty offensive.

cause being loud and proud is annoying as f*** no matter what it's about. The whole gaming world doesn't need to know your gay, straight, black, white, hispanic, purple, one-eyed or anything else. I mean if it comes up in a conversation between you and other players sure but you don't have to tell people just to tell them.
---
I have no shame