Is this game homosexual friendly?

#41SilverZeikPosted 8/18/2014 9:39:30 PM
KaosMKVIII posted...
KNOWING WHAT KIND OF GENITALS YOU LIKE TO PUT INTO YOUR MOUTH HAS REALLY AFFECTED HOW WELL I CAN DO TITAN EX

no but seriously it's a f***ing video game, stop putting all this sjw into these things.

...incredible
#42kabutokoujiPosted 8/18/2014 9:40:55 PM
vid_ICARUS posted...
AlbinoCrocodile posted...
It's a video game. No one gives a damn.

Just don't go being the loud and proud sort. Act normal, no one will care at all what you are.

Video games are supposed to be for fun.

You're kind of missing the point. Or, rather, you are completely missing the point. One of the key components of playing an MMORPG is being social with other players. Why would anyone want to do that if they couldn't be who they are? Why would any sane individual participate in that activity if they had to be gay on the inside? Or Jewish on the inside? Or black on the inside? That's why so many people feel they have to be "loud and proud." So that everyone gets adjusted to the fact that it's ok do be gay and we can move on to other stuff. You probably didn't intend this, but telling someone who is gay to "just act normal" is actually pretty offensive.

so wait, wait, do the Gay community want to be treated with equality and normal or not? you are sending mixed responses, do we treat you like a normal person or not?
---
If the western community is represented by Gamefaqs posters, I pity the west x.x
#43DualSword31Posted 8/18/2014 9:46:07 PM
Lot of gay people think they're special.
#44TalesOfGodPosted 8/18/2014 9:47:22 PM
There's always one idiot that has to take marriage in a video game too far...
#45vid_ICARUSPosted 8/18/2014 9:52:05 PM
TheRPGKey posted...
vid_ICARUS posted...

Just don't go being the loud and proud sort. Act normal, no one will care at all what you are.

You're kind of missing the point. Or, rather, you are completely missing the point. One of the key components of playing an MMORPG is being social with other players. Why would anyone want to do that if they couldn't be who they are? Why would any sane individual participate in that activity if they had to be gay on the inside? Or Jewish on the inside? Or black on the inside? That's why so many people feel they have to be "loud and proud." So that everyone gets adjusted to the fact that it's ok do be gay and we can move on to other stuff. You probably didn't intend this, but telling someone who is gay to "just act normal" is actually pretty offensive.

cause being loud and proud is annoying as f*** no matter what it's about. The whole gaming world doesn't need to know your gay, straight, black, white, hispanic, purple, one-eyed or anything else. I mean if it comes up in a conversation between you and other players sure but you don't have to tell people just to tell them.

Sure, rampant advertising is annoying, but to a lot of people a gay man admiring how cute his catboy looks is being loud and proud. One dude telling another dude his toon is hot is loud and proud. Both instances would not be considered advertising if it was a girl offering the compliment to a man or admiring her sexy kittygirl. So yes, if you ran around shouting "hey everybody, I'm gay!" Or whispering randoms to let them know your sexual preference.. That would be pretty annoying, but that's not the issue. TC was asking if this was a gay friendly mmo, and telling TC to not be loud and proud and to act normal is pretty offensive. I'm sure you and everyone who is saying "just act normal" don't care about sexual orientation and you guys are super progressive. That being said, we haven't quite reached the point where homosexuality is a non-issue. A prime example of this is that TC had to ask if FF was an LGBT friendly environment.
The community of FFXIV is pretty chill in my experience. Aside from the occasional trolls, but hey, it's the internet. Whadya gunna do?
---
Praise the sun!
PSN: vid_ICARUS, Xbox: vid ICARUS, Steam: vid icarus
#46TalesOfGodPosted 8/18/2014 9:52:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#47TnykuuhPosted 8/18/2014 9:53:59 PM
Marriage is still not implemented yet but when it will be, it already confirm that any race/genre will be able to marry any race/gender.

The game is pretty friendly for LGBT. One of the biggest Free Company (guild) on Gilgamesh is actually a LGBT FC.
---
Some fear death, others pray for it.
#48KaosMKVIIIPosted 8/18/2014 9:54:18 PM
vid_ICARUS posted...

i've re-written it like 9 times but i just don't care anymore; if you're the kind of person where when you meet someone you absolutely have to tell them your some trans ethic tortoise or some other complete bs, you probably should be seeing a shrink.

and honestly, if you're gay, great, when you are loud and proud about it you piss everyone off around you.

i mean i'm gonna throw out a situation here;

three guys meet at some expo, 2 comment on some girls ass, third is gay and uncomfortable, mentions it, other two would be like oh sorry.

three guys meet at expo, the one guy who happens to be gay is incredibly flamboyant and won't stop talking about other guys etc, when asked to stop he says "no i can do what i want it's a free country" etc etc

basically if you aren't loud and proud, speak up for yourself when you need to. if you are the loud and proud guy, shut the f*** up every single person in what once was the "gaming community" wants you to leave the game.
---
WoW - Bleeding Hollow - Horde
#49DualSword31Posted 8/18/2014 9:54:34 PM
#50TalesOfGodPosted 8/18/2014 10:00:06 PM