"I don't like you so I'm not healing you"

#1SymphonicAriaPosted 8/21/2014 4:43:08 PM
Seriously, I don't get healers who do this. You are just slowing the whole run down for EVERYONE by letting people die because they accidentally pull a mob or they take aggro off a tank.
It comes across as very rude and infuriating especially as I want to get my roulettes done as quickly as possible without any fuss.
If you are really like this, you shouldn't be healing full stop, you should consider switching to Dragoon.
#2Miggi3Fr3shPosted 8/21/2014 4:51:10 PM
It's probably from the old XI mentality where they'd punish you with exp loss. In this game it's really pointless to do that and detrimental to the whole party
---
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2823366/
#3OkamiCloud7Posted 8/21/2014 5:19:47 PM
that isnt from the old FFXI mentality thats a WoW mentality. not a FFXI one.
---
your like sugar with boobs. Reading your posts gives me diabetes. _mimi_
#4StrykeBlaydePosted 8/21/2014 5:28:14 PM
Depends on if they're not trying at all for not. If they pull agro once in the middle of a dungeon, that's no reason for me to let them die. If they're intentionally being difficult, then I won't heal 'em.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy 14: ARR for PC
Member of the ARC of Wrestling Podcast
#5Thomastm3Posted 8/21/2014 5:29:46 PM
If the dps keeps pulling mobs they don't deserve healing. There not playing there role correctly
#6Miggi3Fr3shPosted 8/21/2014 5:36:12 PM(edited)
OkamiCloud7 posted...
that isnt from the old FFXI mentality thats a WoW mentality. not a FFXI one.

Please explain how you came to this conclusion?

Final Fantasy XI- 2001
World of Warcraft- 2004

Edit: Friend said XI was 2001 actually.
---
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2823366/
#7ZhacariasPosted 8/21/2014 5:34:36 PM
My friends do this to eachother when we're roasting eachother. Of course, we keep healing. Just a tease.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 7544 - 3781
Name: Isa
#8ShadygrovePosted 8/21/2014 5:43:30 PM
If I see a mob going for the healer I will darn well try to pull it.

They have a tendency to keep me alive.
---
The Democrats are dumb and the Republicans are stupid. The difference between dumb and stupid is dumb isn't funny, stupid is seriously funny. - Lewis Black
#9gpo1zephyranthesPosted 8/21/2014 6:07:22 PM
Try reporting it. In extreme cases, it can be considered harassment through sabotaging the run. DPS who constantly steal agro may suck but they still do their primary role to "deal damage". A healer who just doesn't "heal" have no purpose in the party.
#10The_tall_midgetPosted 8/21/2014 6:27:53 PM
gpo1zephyranthes posted...
A healer who just doesn't "heal" have no purpose in the party.

According to some morons, a healer who doesn't dps has no purpose in a party. Dps'ers on the other hand, can fail at their one and only job as long as the boss dies.

They're called morons for a reason.
---
"B+, it's very good so far. I'm excited." "Tanaka and I see eye to eye on how this game should be."
-Said no sane person, ever.