"I don't like you so I'm not healing you"

#51silentzedPosted 8/22/2014 10:10:51 AM
Norb_ posted...
I let a monk die the other day, and did feel a little bad about it.

He had accidentally pulled an extra pack (3) of mobs, and the tank wasn't picking them up. The monk engaged one of the three extras, but ignored the other two. I decided that it was better for me to just stay off the threat table for those extras and let the monk die, then swiftcast/raise when the mobs reset (since no one else had tagged them).

I'm sure from the monks perspective I was just an a****** healer who watched him die. In reality I didn't want to let him die, but healing then would have made things worse and potentially wiped the group.

That's Triage then, and is essentially your job. You did fine.
---
"How about an old Grandma version of Ramuh, we can call her Gramuh." - XCrimsonSamurai
#52PaleOakPosted 8/22/2014 10:33:23 AM
If the dps is intentionally pulling/being a dink then sure. Anything else is whatever.
#53ZerothPowerPosted 8/22/2014 11:36:45 AM
Yeah, I'm primarily a healer, and I don't agree with the "don't like you, won't heal you" mentality. I've been guilty of it before, and frankly I was upset with myself for falling into that trap.

What I do think is okay is, like silentzed said, triage. Sometimes a DPS just goes off and does such irresponsible things that you'd be endangering yourself and the tank if you waste heals on the DPS.
#54DivineWraithPosted 8/22/2014 12:43:20 PM(edited)
MasterSword546 posted...
akechi419 posted...
Thomastm3 posted...
If the dps keeps pulling mobs they don't deserve healing. They're not playing there role correctly

Fixed.

You tried really hard to come off as smart and I'm sure your mom is really proud of you, but "fixing" that sentence made you look worse than the original poster.

Someone else pointed it out right after he posted that fail of a fix. He didn't get it then, and went on to provide links to things he clearly hasn't bothered reading. I'm pretty sure that he is oblivious to his fail and feeling proud of his attempted grammar Nazism.
#55Thomastm3Posted 8/22/2014 3:28:24 PM
DivineWraith posted...
MasterSword546 posted...
akechi419 posted...
Thomastm3 posted...
If the dps keeps pulling mobs they don't deserve healing. They're not playing there role correctly

Fixed.

You tried really hard to come off as smart and I'm sure your mom is really proud of you, but "fixing" that sentence made you look worse than the original poster.

Someone else pointed it out right after he posted that fail of a fix. He didn't get it then, and went on to provide links to things he clearly hasn't bothered reading. I'm pretty sure that he is oblivious to his fail and feeling proud of his attempted grammar Nazism.

Yeah he seemed quite proud of himself.
#56darkqueenhelbaPosted 8/22/2014 6:09:32 PM
Isilia posted...
Almost 2 years of updates for XI (expansion released with it). No wonder it looked so good to us when we got it. Time to break those nostalgia goggles.

I don't think a lot of people cut FFXIV any breaks because it's technically been out for 4 years. I know it's been reworked and all but that blame lies solely on SE. They really half-assed it the first time around. i don't know if it's because they thought they could get away with it because FFXI was successful or what. But after FFXIII series and the initial release of FFXIV, I'm not going to just let their excuses fly by anymore. This is how a series degenerates. I mean, is it getting to the point for them that they need to start focusing on the GAME and its mechanics before even worrying about all the flashy aesthetics? Because they haven't been painting themselves a very pretty picture the last few years.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#57OverlordOutpostPosted 8/23/2014 6:18:27 AM
Things'll be attributed to the most popular game? Why? Because it came first? No. Because more people played it and most of them it was their first., thus more people did whatever is being attributed in it.

WoW surpassed FF11 in numbers and was many people's first, so when people think of a game where healers hold back healing; they don't think FF11, they think WoW. When I think of if it, I think Everquest.

Anyhow.

I've ran into a few dungeons with a some absolutely awful tanks where as a BLM or WHM a single heal would put me past the aggro threshhold; it put me in a situation where I simply could not do my job at all. I had to refuse to DPS and Heal not because I was being a jerk; but because it would -kill me-.

I've also hit a few dungeons with tank-bots who I just simply bail on. I refuse to heal a bot.
#58ParryACOPosted 8/23/2014 6:21:34 AM
I say this every time I'm in a group; If I pull aggro when I'm DPSing, don't worry about me.
---
http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/HyMFCBum/ParryACO.png
#59Mr_Fury32Posted 8/23/2014 9:39:08 AM
ParryACO posted...
I say this every time I'm in a group; If I pull aggro when I'm DPSing, don't worry about me.

same here, i main Monk so have a few self healing options, Second Wind (highly underated, has saved my arse a few times), Blood Bath and Mercy Stroke.
---
WANTED: DEFIANCE AND RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS PS3 players
System ID's :PSN ID: Auron-32, Xbox LIVE: AzzTheStickman. I'm in the U.K. so thats 0GMT
#60mmbaconPosted 8/23/2014 10:19:24 AM
OverlordOutpost posted...
Things'll be attributed to the most popular game? Why? Because it came first? No. Because more people played it and most of them it was their first., thus more people did whatever is being attributed in it.

WoW surpassed FF11 in numbers and was many people's first, so when people think of a game where healers hold back healing; they don't think FF11, they think WoW. When I think of if it, I think Everquest.

Anyhow.

I've ran into a few dungeons with a some absolutely awful tanks where as a BLM or WHM a single heal would put me past the aggro threshhold; it put me in a situation where I simply could not do my job at all. I had to refuse to DPS and Heal not because I was being a jerk; but because it would -kill me-.

I've also hit a few dungeons with tank-bots who I just simply bail on. I refuse to heal a bot.

In this situation, i whm tank. Spam medica or cure on yourself, you should be able to survive, especially if it's Haukke Manor or earlier.