Which do you find more satisfying to play, scholar or white mage?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Which do you find more satisfying to play, scholar or white mage?

User Info: Ein_Soph

Ein_Soph
2 years ago#1
Which of the two do you find more satisfying and/or rewarding? - Results (171 votes)
Scholar
53.8% (92 votes)
White Mage
46.2% (79 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Been playing WHM since launch and though I enjoy the class, it's starting to feel too... "Standard", if you will. I need something different so I'd like to try SCH. I'd like to know people's feelings about the two classes.
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho

User Info: zazz9

zazz9
2 years ago#2
No reason you can't play both... they have virtually the same gear other than weapon.
---http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871278/

User Info: aimless_saint

aimless_saint
2 years ago#3
Interested in more results.
>opinions

User Info: Ein_Soph

Ein_Soph
2 years ago#4
Wow. Evenly split, huh. This makes me even more curious about the job.
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho

User Info: TwilightOdin

TwilightOdin
2 years ago#5
Alchemist should've been a healer job, just sayin'.
Whoop dee doo

User Info: Crystal_Pepsi

Crystal_Pepsi
2 years ago#6
I play White Mage and honestly, as much as I love the abilities and whatever, a BIG reason I like it better than Scholar is the specific equipment.

The White Mage Myth boots are adorable. I love them so much
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4607528/

User Info: -Virtua-

-Virtua-
2 years ago#7
The question is, how many people who have both at 50 answered this poll?

User Info: tribal28

tribal28
2 years ago#8
Im a scholar main but have also played whm quite a bit I find both really fun to use but I have to give it to the scholar for me, its the job I keep going back to :) I do find myself missing the big aoe heals of whm but If I went to whm id miss the lustrates, the sheilds, the fairy and the ability to dps a lot easier so yeah! :)
PSN:Advent_Strife
3DS FC: 5258-0169-2905 pokemon safari: Rock

User Info: agesboy

agesboy
2 years ago#9
I find SCH more fun, but as my mana pool's increased I'm finding WHM almost as entertaining.
http://i.imgur.com/LabbRyN.jpg
raytan and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.

User Info: DarkSeraphimRKO

DarkSeraphimRKO
2 years ago#10
On the whole I like scholar better. I have both at 50 and I've done some endgame fights on both, and they both have strengths and weaknesses. I find scholar more fun because I feel like there's a bit more thinking and planning involved. You manage your resources and try and mitigate big hits whereas white Mage healing is really just a war of attrition. All that being said, having both is the way to go so you can be an asset to any party. Most 8 man content benefits from having one of each. Although if you have to double up I think two WHMs are better than two SCHs.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Which do you find more satisfying to play, scholar or white mage?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived