Any way to buy choco color snacks?

#1saborzeroPosted 8/22/2014 11:18:47 PM
I know you can buy the seeds but is there a way to buy just the snacks? My guild seems to have died over this last month. They have tons of items and such for the guild hall but none of the regulars/people with permission to do things like plant seeds are ever on anymore so I can't do anything.
---
PSN: JArcane -- XBL: ArcShawdow Currently Playing: LoL (PC) Skyrim (360) P4G(Vita) FF14:ARR (PS3) SMT 4(3DS) Fire Emblem: Awakening(3DS)
#2proudgkPosted 8/23/2014 12:19:34 AM
I buy them from the market. However, I've fed my bird on 3 different occasions with differing amounts of darkening fruits, waited over 7 hours each time, and there is no difference in my chocobo's color. In fact, I haven't seen a single colored chocobo. Surely, if the feature worked I'd have seen some colored chocobos at Mor Dhona - everyone likes to show off there... but nada. Had no luck myself and haven't seen a single one.
---
PSN: proudgk
#3Admiral_AegisPosted 8/23/2014 12:30:23 AM
You need lots of fruit to change Choco color. Like even the smallest ones I've seen take around 15 or so to make a different color than yellow.

Atleast on my server, could set you back several hundred thousand gil.
---
When all is lost, is there salvation through oblivion?
#4proudgkPosted 8/23/2014 12:34:33 AM
Do you feed them multiple fruit at the same time or do you feed them one at a time?
---
PSN: proudgk
#5allan247Posted 8/23/2014 6:15:19 AM
Multiple at the same time there are rough guides out there but they aren't 100%. I followed what one guy did to get dalamud red and ended up getting mud green, I then fed him like 10 more darken red, 5 lighten green and 2 lighten blue and got lucky and ended up with dalamud red.
---
USMC 0331, 2/6 Camp Lejeune, NC (Veteran OEF 2010, 2011 Helmand Province)
#6wowkirinPosted 8/23/2014 6:27:37 AM
On my server 5 fruits are 100k.... And a single seed yeilded me 30 fruits.

My choco gonna be yellow for a while.
---
Get mad nerd
#7DjSleepyDPosted 8/23/2014 6:31:21 AM
with grade 3 shroud soil the max yield is 36 (hehe my FC leader sure was glad i had stocked the GC chest with over 100 of them)
---
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and frankly I'm not sure about the universe" - Albert Einstein FC 3067-4815-1731
#8ShadygrovePosted 8/23/2014 7:24:55 AM
saborzero posted...
.... My guild seems to have died over this last month. They have tons of items and such for the guild hall but none of the regulars/people with permission to do things like plant seeds are ever on anymore so I can't do anything.

If the leader is out of game for 30 days straight someone else will be promoted to leader.

You increase the odds that it will be you bu logging in every day.
---
The Democrats are dumb and the Republicans are stupid. The difference between dumb and stupid is dumb isn't funny, stupid is seriously funny. - Lewis Black
#9saborzero(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 4:22:47 PM
Shadygrove posted...
saborzero posted...
.... My guild seems to have died over this last month. They have tons of items and such for the guild hall but none of the regulars/people with permission to do things like plant seeds are ever on anymore so I can't do anything.

If the leader is out of game for 30 days straight someone else will be promoted to leader.

You increase the odds that it will be you bu logging in every day.

Hmm I did not know this.
---
PSN: JArcane -- XBL: ArcShawdow Currently Playing: LoL (PC) Skyrim (PC) FF14:ARR(PC) Ultra Street Fighter 4(360/PC) Killer Instinct(XB1) UNIBEL(PS3)
#10ScreamingMidgetPosted 8/23/2014 4:29:38 PM
proudgk posted...
I buy them from the market. However, I've fed my bird on 3 different occasions with differing amounts of darkening fruits, waited over 7 hours each time, and there is no difference in my chocobo's color. In fact, I haven't seen a single colored chocobo. Surely, if the feature worked I'd have seen some colored chocobos at Mor Dhona - everyone likes to show off there... but nada. Had no luck myself and haven't seen a single one.

Yeah, the feature is a complete lie cooked up by SE to get players back by telling them they can dye their chocobos now.

Don't believe Ondore's lies.

You can buy them on the market place, overpriced as hell