Will anyone else be using a microphone/headset?

#1darkcloudrepeatPosted 11/18/2012 10:24:22 AM
Normally I wouldn't use my headset for chatting, I would just have it there.
Seems like ample time to use it with this game.
I just hope their isn't a "world" or "shout" channel for microphone users.
#2Maxo996Posted 11/18/2012 10:39:46 AM(edited)
I'm sure you will be able to chat with people on your PSN friends list as usual while playing the game if you so desire. For the game itself no actual voice-chat function will be officially supported.

For PC gamers obviously Vent/Skype will work great as per normal.

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/32516-yoshida-touches-on-voice-chat-support-for-final-fantasy-xiv/

^ Link for proof.
---
Hi. How ya' doin'?
#3CityLumbarPosted 11/18/2012 10:36:09 AM
I don't plan on it. I was just fine in XI without voice chat, but maybe I'd consider it if it becomes the new norm.
---
My boredom has outshined the sun
#4XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 11/18/2012 10:45:34 AM
I just plan to use Skype. PS3 voice chat is usually bad anyways.
---
PSN ID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#5antoinejonesPosted 11/18/2012 12:43:31 PM
yeah there wont be any voice chat on FFXIV.. text only.. the only way PC players do it is through vent/skype as theres no official voice chat in the game... and i dont think a ps3 player is gonna use vent/skype unless there pc is like right next to their ps3 lol and if it is then heck you might as well have gotten the pc version instead lol.

So yeah if you dont already have a usb keyboard... get one... it was wonderful for FFXI on ps2
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#6XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 11/18/2012 2:49:31 PM
antoinejones posted...
i dont think a ps3 player is gonna use vent/skype unless there pc is like right next to their ps3 lol and if it is then heck you might as well have gotten the pc version instead lol.

Unless you know, you use an older PC or a mac. You can also use Skype very easily on a phone or even an ipod. I'll be playing FFXIV on the PS3 and using Skype on my PC which does happen to be next to my PS3, however it's not good enough to play FFXIV hence why I'm getting it on the PS3. :P
---
PSN ID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#7BSerenityPosted 11/18/2012 3:34:53 PM
I will only be using skype/vent when running higher tier instances/raids.
---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!
#8Jinxey86Posted 11/18/2012 4:03:42 PM
BSerenity posted...

Oh definitely, since need a lot of coordination for those things, especially when the 24 man Crystal Tower comes out, will seem hard without voice chat.
#9antoinejonesPosted 11/18/2012 4:05:48 PM
Jinxey86 posted...
BSerenity posted...

Oh definitely, since need a lot of coordination for those things, especially when the 24 man Crystal Tower comes out, will seem hard without voice chat.

ppl did dynamis without voice chat just fine :p
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#10Jinxey86Posted 11/19/2012 2:14:05 PM
antoinejones posted...
Jinxey86 posted...
BSerenity posted...

ppl did dynamis without voice chat just fine :p

You do have a point, back in Dynamis days, we completed it perfectly fine, with no problems without Voice Chat.