Interested in playing, question about subscription fee

#1oORyuumaruOoPosted 12/3/2012 1:29:45 PM
This will be my first experience of a Final Fantasy MMO, but I'd like to know: how much is the subscription fee, and how do you pay for it through the console versions?
---
PSN: MrSeizo
"Who's the toilette man now?"
#2XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 12/3/2012 2:48:08 PM
The fee will be $15/month plus probably $1 for each retainer you have, or 10$/month if you have a Legacy account. I'm not sure about payment details but I believe you'd setup subscriptions through the Square-Enix website.
---
PSN ID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#3ClausudoPosted 12/3/2012 3:18:38 PM
XCrimsonSamurai posted...
The fee will be $15/month plus probably $1 for each retainer you have, or 10$/month if you have a Legacy account. I'm not sure about payment details but I believe you'd setup subscriptions through the Square-Enix website.

Where is your source about this? I kinda disagree with this.
---
I will be FFXIV player very soon! Let us shall make good memories!!! :]
#4CityLumbarPosted 12/3/2012 3:27:21 PM
here is the CORRECT fee pricing:

Subscription Information and Pricing

Final Fantasy XIV is a pay-to-play MMORPG, in much the same way as Final Fantasy XI and World of Warcraft. With the purchase of FFXIV, players receive a thirty-day free trial.

The following pricing structure will go into effect at luanch of A Realm Reborn:

Membership Tiers Price Billing Cycle Max Characters Max Characters total
per world
Legacy $9.99 * 30 Days 8 40

Entry $12.99 * 30 Days 1 8

Standard $14.99 * 30 Days 8 40

Note: Pricing for other features, including longer billing cycles and Retainer Characters, have not yet been decided.

Legacy Membership

This is a program which provides several benefits for those who have subscribed for at least 90 cumulative days since January 6th, 2012.

Legacy members will be able to play at a specially discounted subscription price post-launch of version 2.0.

Legacy members will receive an exclusive in-game Chocobo mount at the launch of version 2.0.

Legacy members can request that their name be displayed in the credits for version 2.0. One name per service account can be listed in the credits.

http://www.giantbomb.com/final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/61-26847/

---
My boredom has outshined the sun
#5antoinejonesPosted 12/3/2012 4:06:35 PM
lol someone copied and pasted my post i see :p
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#6antoinejonesPosted 12/3/2012 4:07:17 PM
oORyuumaruOo posted...
This will be my first experience of a Final Fantasy MMO, but I'd like to know: how much is the subscription fee, and how do you pay for it through the console versions?

you pay for it with a debit or credit card now.. which thanks to walmart is EASY for anyone in the US over 18 to get now
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#7CityLumbarPosted 12/3/2012 4:13:31 PM
antoinejones posted...
lol someone copied and pasted my post i see :p

Hence the italics, broski.
---
My boredom has outshined the sun
#8XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 12/3/2012 4:26:35 PM
Clausudo posted...
XCrimsonSamurai posted...

Where is your source about this? I kinda disagree with this.

Um... I'm not sure what part you disagree with, and what I listed is about the same as what everyone else has already mentioned, including posts in this thread.
---
PSN ID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#9ShibutoPosted 12/3/2012 5:27:30 PM
Um... I'm not sure what part you disagree with, and what I listed is about the same as what everyone else has already mentioned, including posts in this thread.

Actually it isn't, the difference between entry and standard is that Standard has Legacy features only 5 dollars more and Entry you only pay for one character.

And retainers are no longer in the game when ARR comes out, you have storage now and there is going to be an Auction House as well as a players' market.
---
I own all 3 systems therefore I am unbiased: 360 > PS3 >> Wii -Bill Gates Son
#10antoinejonesPosted 12/3/2012 5:34:27 PM
Shibuto posted...

Actually it isn't, the difference between entry and standard is that Standard has Legacy features only 5 dollars more and Entry you only pay for one character.

And retainers are no longer in the game when ARR comes out, you have storage now and there is going to be an Auction House as well as a players' market.

thats odd.. you have a link showing that because from what i know retainers will still exist
---