FFXIV:ARR and PS4?

#1rakashuPosted 2/21/2013 12:09:03 AM
So the PS4 was announced yesterday, and I was wondering if any one from Square has said any thing about ARR being put on the PS4? With the new specs I imagine the transition would be relatively easy.
---
Kid didn't know what to put in his signature; didn't think it would be this hard. So he just typed some stuff, and kept typing till there wasn't any space left.
#2MasterthiefPosted 2/21/2013 12:10:19 AM(edited)
Would be awesome, I can see it happening. They transitioned easy to the 360 for FFXI when that came out too.
---
PSN - Ferkomatic
#3SoopaMan2KPosted 2/21/2013 4:29:28 AM
I was just about to post a thread on this. I was thinking that maybe they're(SE) is going to forget PS3 and move to PS4. But I do hope that PS3 still get it version because I'm not looking to Early Adopt the gen. Unless I see something super dope.
---
SEN + XBLGT: SoopaMan2K
#4xenosaga123Posted 2/21/2013 6:58:08 AM
the PS3 version is DEFINITELY coming.

PS3 and PC is what they are concentrating for the launch.

a PS4 version would come much later, but that version has nothing to do with their plans
for PC and PS3 launch.

So don't worry, you can enjoy FFXIV on PS3. :)
#5antoinejonesPosted 2/21/2013 8:50:36 AM
for the love of god ppl weve waited almost 3 years for this to hit PS3.. lets worry about THAT now and worry about/care about a PS4 version when:

a) the ps4 is actually out

b) you actually OWN a ps4

Im tired of seeing posts about every new game being released for ps3 this and next year with ppl asking about a PS4 version.... heres a news flash... youre PS3 isnt gonna automatically cease functioning once the PS4 is out!!! lol
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#6SoopaMan2KPosted 2/21/2013 11:36:47 AM
antoinejones posted...
for the love of god ppl weve waited almost 3 years for this to hit PS3.. lets worry about THAT now and worry about/care about a PS4 version when:

Im tired of seeing posts about every new game being released for ps3 this and next year with ppl asking about a PS4 version.... heres a news flash... youre PS3 isnt gonna automatically cease functioning once the PS4 is out!!! lol

Who's worried about it? I just asked and hoped that the PS3 version still get its release because I'm not looking to Early Adopt this gen(PS4).
---
#7rakashu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 9:05:23 PM
antoinejones posted...

No, definitely not, and I'm looking forward to the PS3 launch. It's the reason why I originally bought my PS3 in the first place.

That being said; I'd like for them to at least consider transition over to the PS4, as the new hardware and specs that are going to be inside will make gameplay much more enjoyable. Higher ram, better GPU, better CPU, etc. etc. will not only make the looks of the game improve vastly but also improve performance by a boat load as well.

I really don't want them to delay the PS3 launch for the PS4, as those of us who really want to play on the PS3 have already been extremely patient (or impatient in my case - I swear they are toying with my emotions on purpose). I'd just like them to say something along the lines of "Once we have it out on the PS3 we plan on allowing the game to be transitioned over to the PS4 a well".
---
Kid didn't know what to put in his signature; didn't think it would be this hard. So he just typed some stuff, and kept typing till there wasn't any space left.
#8SoopaMan2KPosted 2/22/2013 5:46:45 AM
rakashu posted...
antoinejones posted...

No, definitely not, and I'm looking forward to the PS3 launch. It's the reason why I originally bought my PS3 in the first place.

That being said; I'd like for them to at least consider transition over to the PS4, as the new hardware and specs that are going to be inside will make gameplay much more enjoyable. Higher ram, better GPU, better CPU, etc. etc. will not only make the looks of the game improve vastly but also improve performance by a boat load as well.

I really don't want them to delay the PS3 launch for the PS4, as those of us who really want to play on the PS3 have already been extremely patient (or impatient in my case - I swear they are toying with my emotions on purpose). I'd just like them to say something along the lines of "Once we have it out on the PS3 we plan on allowing the game to be transitioned over to the PS4 a well".

This is what I wanted to say, but I didn't want to type so much.
---
#9antoinejonesPosted 2/22/2013 2:05:07 PM
well considering how sony bothered to put FFXI on PS3... im not holding my breath
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.