Pay monthly fee?

#1leafgreenPosted 5/31/2013 7:10:23 PM
Coulda sworn I read somewhere it would be free to play
---
http://guardiancross-forum.com/User-Serving
if you traded with me be sure to leave feedback ty And Ign is Ragnarok i'm lv 43 guy xd
#2kuterPosted 5/31/2013 7:12:25 PM
Free the first month, because there's a code that come with the game apparently
#3BehestonPosted 5/31/2013 7:13:21 PM
Nope. I highly doubt that was published by any credible source. Square-Enix, to my knowledge, has consistently defended the monthly fee. They talk about how it's necessary to ensure the kind of ongoing quality they're aiming for.

If what they've shown of the game so far is any indication, the game is top notch. But I'm still not sure I'd subscribe if I had an equally tantalizing F2P console MMO alternative. Like Everquest Next, for example.
#4xenosaga123Posted 5/31/2013 7:24:33 PM(edited)
This is the newest highest quality MMORPG, and the most expensive FF remake ever made. It deserves subscription fee to fuel quality updates, maintanence, expansions and longterm plans. no F2P or P2P mmorpg can substitute this flavor of beautiful, epic, and immersive entertainment. F2P mmorpgs can afford to go F2P because their design and model is lower standard than quality P2P mmorpgs. but the higher the standards, the more it costs to develop and maintain its superior standards and quality. FFXI Online has shown that even 10 yr later, it still benefits from P2P model. if it went F2P, it wouldn't have expanded as much and serviced as long. I'm sure if even online games like Metal Gear Online was P2P, it's fans would be willing to pay it and it would still have its servers running, and probably would have expanded further. If even stealth shooters like MGO cost money to maintain, massive games like MMORPGs of FFXIV ARR's level costs even more. And the monthly sub fee is fair.
#5BehestonPosted 5/31/2013 7:40:20 PM
xenosaga123 posted...
This is the newest highest quality MMORPG, and the most expensive FF remake ever made. It deserves subscription fee to fuel quality updates, maintanence, expansions and longterm plans. no F2P or P2P mmorpg can substitute this flavor of beautiful, epic, and immersive entertainment. F2P mmorpgs can afford to go F2P because their design and model is lower standard than quality P2P mmorpgs. but the higher the standards, the more it costs to develop and maintain its superior standards and quality. FFXI Online has shown that even 10 yr later, it still benefits from P2P model. if it went F2P, it wouldn't have expanded as much and serviced as long. I'm sure if even online games like Metal Gear Online was P2P, it's fans would be willing to pay it and it would still have its servers running, and probably would have expanded further. If even stealth shooters like MGO cost money to maintain, massive games like MMORPGs of FFXIV ARR's level costs even more. And the monthly sub fee is fair.

Do you work for Square Enix? Honestly every post is like "FFXIV Realm Reborn is JESUS!"

P2P is kind of an antiquated model. Guild Wars 2 is an example of an amazing tripple-A MMO where you pay for the box and then you play free until the next expansion. So I don't believe for a second P2P is necessary to ensure quality.
#6leafgreen(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2013 2:39:43 AM
I had remember reading somewhere that the ps3 version would be free to play and px will be pay to play
---
http://guardiancross-forum.com/User-Serving
if you traded with me be sure to leave feedback ty And Ign is Ragnarok i'm lv 43 guy xd
#7ELIS_APosted 6/2/2013 2:45:16 AM
why would ps3 is free while pc subs based?
---
Enzyme Linked Immuno Sorbent Assay
Rina Inverse ~ Lindblum/Sargatanas
#8zeldashoPosted 6/2/2013 2:58:15 AM
I don't mind paying the price as long as it either decreases later if you stay subscribed long enough (I have to admit 15$ is a bit on the high end), or you get future expansions and such for free.
---
GT:OmegaXP PSN:SgtWiggles WiiU:SgtWiggles
Now Playing: P4A, PS All Stars, Etrian Odyssey 4, Disgaea 4, BB:Extend, Ni No Kuni, MH3U, Injustice
#9ItsDanielLuPosted 6/2/2013 5:32:21 AM
this p2p model is archaic imo. i would rather see a p2p model offering options to pay for hours. ie, 100 hours, 250, 500, 1000 etc. say i go on holiday for a week or 2, i'm paying still using the current method. if i dont play, i dont pay due to paying for time in advance. a hardcore player might play 1k hours quickly and maybe recieve bonuses to decrease costs, while casual may play 100 hours all year and save massively! meh, just my views.
---
PS4 PC Wii U X1 - Currently waiting for e3 to fully judge this!
KINGOM HEARTS 3 will be revealed after FF Versus trailer ends at e3! Hope I'm right!
#10Tsukasa1891Posted 6/2/2013 6:32:51 AM
zeldasho posted...
I don't mind paying the price as long as it either decreases later if you stay subscribed long enough (I have to admit 15$ is a bit on the high end), or you get future expansions and such for free.

according to the faq

Q: Are there monthly fees?

A: Yes. The different plans are broken down as follows:

1 character per server (8 total) = $12.99

8 characters per server (40 total) = $14.99

Legacy status players pay $9.99 for 8 characters per server (40 total).

and the latest q&a with the developers showed the the storage box has room for up to 25 of each gear type, and with the ability to play every class on one char, that storage will help and be enough so you wont need alts. the q&a also said the storage box will be shared between alts, but normal inventory will be separate.

so there wont be much use for alts as extra storage. i'm not sure if you can store gil, but if you can then all those alts will help if there really is a daily gil quest like i heard about before.
---
GameFAQs, where the glass is always half empty.