How Does This Play on PS3?

#1I2aScAIIPosted 6/2/2013 4:08:25 PM
I haven't played any MMOs on a console before. I don't really want to invest in a PC at this time (since I have Macbooks for anything internet related), so I pre-ordered it for PS3.

Do controls map pretty well? I'm also reading that it's recommended to have a USB keyboard to chat (which makes sense).
---
CURRENTLY PLAYING: Final Fantasy XIII-2, Sleeping Dogs, Persona 4: The Golden
GAMES WANTED: Tales of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#2DarkTrinity006Posted 6/2/2013 4:21:00 PM
There's a good video showing gameplay down by a controller. Here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J7kO8BTZDU
#3Y35jd4Posted 6/2/2013 4:23:03 PM
Yeah watch that video for an idea of how the actual controller works.

Get a USB keyboard to converse with people

Download Mumble for your Macbook if you want to chat with people over VOIP
#4I2aScAII(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2013 4:33:17 PM
Thanks for that! I really should have read the sticky as I saw the video there and it answered my questions.

That's pretty intuitive thinking for a console MMO :)
---
#5Avery28Posted 6/2/2013 5:05:51 PM
How should we know? Nobody here has actually played the ps3 version since the beta starts on the 14th. Other than that, the gamepad videos are the only thing to go on.
---
PSN: Shidasan
Latest Platinums: Star Ocean 4, NNK
#6TanthalasPosted 6/2/2013 5:17:35 PM
Well, in phase 2 of the beta we could use a controller.

Its was pretty easy to handle (though reaching the abilities left on the directional pad takes some time getting used to). We didn't have the PS3 specific UI though, just the cross bar for abilities, so I can't say a thing about how easy it is to navigate the menus.
---
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
#7I2aScAII(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2013 9:49:35 PM
Avery28 posted...
How should we know? Nobody here has actually played the ps3 version since the beta starts on the 14th. Other than that, the gamepad videos are the only thing to go on.

Right... but this isn't the first MMO on a console. I didn't ask for FFXIV specifically. Anyways, the video answered my question.
---
#8zeldashoPosted 6/3/2013 2:14:24 AM
As far as other console MMOs go, I have played DC Universe, Phantasy Star Universe, and FFXI. Never had any problems with them on consoles
---
GT:OmegaXP PSN:SgtWiggles WiiU:SgtWiggles
Now Playing: P4A, PS All Stars, Etrian Odyssey 4, Disgaea 4, BB:Extend, Ni No Kuni, MH3U, Injustice
#9SlimeStackPosted 6/5/2013 1:53:23 AM
The controls seem perfect. 16 easy access hot keys will do wonders.

I'll just need to get a report on the PS3 version's performance to see if it matches my laptop. Really hoping it will. I don't usually care about playing a game at 30 frames or even less, but a decent frame rate is pretty important here for areas with lots of players.
---
Moo